Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Norm macdonald RIP

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you are on Twitter Lineker posted a video of a joke he told about a moth. First I had heard of him but bloody funny bloke

Like a lot of Norm's old jokes, you can guess the punchline before he starts, but the journey to it is an absolute joy. The Chekhovian set up is inspired and the seemingly shambolic, yet so carefully constructed delivery is exquisite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxD3pT8C9-A

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
His live TV show was absolutely brilliant. The ongoing Holocaust denying jew joke at the expense of his co-host still has me in tears.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently watching Dirty Work.

It ain't no Oscar winner but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing.

Amazon £3:49.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norm 'Zoomed' 50 minutes, the day before his final surgery.

It's now on Netflix, followed by a round table retrospective with usual suspects.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Netflix show is a strange experience. You can tell that he knew that he had to take whatever opportunity he had left to work and was determined to do so. His craft is absolutely there; the eye work is spectacular and you can tell that he has thought deeply about how to make it work in the circumstances. Letterman says in the aftershow that its not really stand up and fixates a bit on the lack of an audience and, despite laughing quite a lot when watching it, I can see where he's coming from. The artifice is more noticeable because of the situation. If you're a fan, as mostly unseen Norm material, it is obviously well worth watching. However, it left me with a strong sense of melancholy, not the ideal outcome from a stand up show and certainly not what he would have wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here