Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Wonder Why We’re Popular

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think Kyle Walker is in anyone's wake, is he? Probably the fastest in the Premier League (especially when he gets a party invite in lockdown).
Probably the same party invitation that sock boy got.
Only lasting for a short period, before an anti climax and coming up short of mark.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A stat from today, we have now scored in our last 24 PL games, the longest current run in the PL. It is also our best return since 1965 when we scored in 29 successive league games.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What do you reckon on us finishing the season without one 0-0 score line? I’m off to the Etihad next for our fixture against Man City after a well earned two week break for the boys.
I couldn't get to the Man United game, and Man City sold out before I could get a ticket. So, I'm off to Goodison - that will therefore doubtless be our first 0-0.
we are still yet to play seven of the bottom ten so we could really get a run going after Man City, when the fixture list is much easier.
I saw this 'easier run' somewhere else as well - let's not say it again, it's just inviting disaster!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Last season it seemed we were 'everyones second team' but feels like this season, more and more fans are starting to dislike us and take digs.

Maybe it's jealously now we have achieved success in making Europe and not caving in against Chelsea's 'demands' and making a fortune off them.

Pundits still seem to like us and sing our praises but I've noticed a lot more fans of other clubs taking digs at us now, whereas last season the consensus was most routed for us.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Am I right in saying that Man City are the only current PL team we haven't beaten away in "recent years"?

By recent years, I'm sure we've won at Kenilworth Road in the football league at some stage, but the memory of the achievement eludes me.

I guess we've won at Maine Road as well back in the day, but can't remember that happening while i've been supporting either.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last season it seemed we were 'everyones second team' but feels like this season, more and more fans are starting to dislike us and take digs.

Maybe it's jealously now we have achieved success in making Europe and not caving in against Chelsea's 'demands' and making a fortune off them.

Pundits still seem to like us and sing our praises but I've noticed a lot more fans of other clubs taking digs at us now, whereas last season the consensus was most routed for us.
Only kids on social, really.

Loads of nice comments on the BBC Sport report from Sunday.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’ve looked at the PL table and, despite misgivings about our defensive capability, there is no doubt that we are the division’s entertainers. Top scorers with 21 goals after 8 games, but also conceding 16. That’s an average of 4.6 goals scored every game. What do you reckon on us finishing the season without one 0-0 score line? I’m off to the Etihad next for our fixture against Man City after a well earned two week break for the boys. A free hit in my view, or maybe, we can sneak something. Life is such fun being an Albion fan at the moment. :ascarf:
That's our 0-0

el punal

Your second paragraph sums it up. Keyboard warriors who’ve never been to a game and are totally detached to the reality of how football is run are the culprits. The true football fans are full of admiration or envy on our progress but at least recognise that we’re doing it the right way.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Concede fewer whilst still scoring loads. Have you mentioned this to De Zerbi, maybe he's not thought of it :)

Hi, I'm Karen from Saltdean, I've been a Brighton fan for 40 years, Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and Amex.... My question for RDZ is, have you thought of conceding less goals? And maybe practice some set pieces?

He didn't reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here