Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Euro - the effect on squad and recruitment.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We were never gonna qualify for the champions League. That was a pipe dream ! People need to get real. We are a good team but recent draws against garbage like Leeds and Leicester have shown we are not quite good enough yet.

As for other competitions, most players don't care about them. Money is the key 90% of the time. I suspect a lot of players are quite happy playing less games a season.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yes, the Europa League would be fine for me too. It's a European competition, and would be our first. May not be the same pot of money as the CL, but it would be a good experience to cut our teeth on - and a good run there is, to my mind, more attractive than getting our backside handed to us on a plate by Real or Barca ay the first time of asking.
Finishing below Spurs though - that stinks!
We could also genuinely win it. Or at the very least have a good long run including lots of never to be forgotten memories. I thought These and trying to win trophies are what we are in it for. Rather than balancing the books or the squad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
West Ham winning the Conference League will not mean there is a European spot for 8th place, it will mean we have 8 clubs in Europe next season but that will be the top 6/7(depending on who wins the FA Cup) and West Ham.
Fair enough. I stand corrected. Sentiment remains the same with 6th/7th very achievable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am finding all this talk that if we don't make the Europa league this season it will be a disaster, our players will demand transfers and the club will be ruined quite laughable.

When did we turn into Spurs?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We were never gonna qualify for the champions League. That was a pipe dream ! People need to get real. We are a good team but recent draws against garbage like Leeds and Leicester have shown we are not quite good enough yet.

As for other competitions, most players don't care about them. Money is the key 90% of the time. I suspect a lot of players are quite happy playing less games a season.
The Italian bloke in our dugout does not share your opinion regarding the Champions League. We are definitely one of the best 4 teams in this league. However, the fiasco at Tottenham may have holed us below the water line.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am finding all this talk that if we don't make the Europa league this season it will be a disaster, our players will demand transfers and the club will be ruined quite laughable.

When did we turn into Spurs?
Exactly right. The players will see where we are at. These players had to deal with a period at the beginning of the season being managed by a far inferior coach, next season a full season of RDZ we'll be right up the top of the league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I guess Man Utd will be feeling the same despite being in 4th place …what with them recently drawing at home to bottom club Southampton and losing 7/0 to Liverpool 🤦‍♂️

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly right. The players will see where we are at. These players had to deal with a period at the beginning of the season being managed by a far inferior coach, next season a full season of RDZ we'll be right up the top of the league.
Mmmm those 6 games were W4 D1 L1.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here