Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Ninja Foodi multi cooker - anyone got one?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've got one and they're excellent, it's an all in one, air fry, roast, steam, hob, slow cook, etc.

Anyone use theirs as a slow cooker? I've lost the instruction manual and tried searching online but can't find any instructions on it. I tried in the past but couldn't work out how to either change the timings or heat
Slow cooker, yes. Put the pressure lid on and vent it. Press the slow cooker option. The change the heat settings on the right to either low or high.

The ninja is fantastic and I use it every day.
After the pub later I'm going to cook a roast in it, probably take half hour. Pressure cook frozen chicken breast, then throw in some peeled and oiled potatoes, throw on for 20 minutes, nice crispy spuds. Veg on the hob. Jobs a good'un.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Slow cooker, yes. Put the pressure lid on and vent it. Press the slow cooker option. The change the heat settings on the right to either low or high.

The ninja is fantastic and I use it every day.
After the pub later I'm going to cook a roast in it, probably take half hour. Pressure cook frozen chicken breast, then throw in some peeled and oiled potatoes, throw on for 20 minutes, nice crispy spuds. Veg on the hob. Jobs a good'un.

Are you able to adjust the times? I think I tried and couldn't change it from 4 hours.

I've roasted a full chicken in less then 40 mins

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks a lot for all the contributions.

Classic NSC.

Random thread - check.
Sound advise - check.
A sprinkling of funnies - check.

Come'th the New Year I shall be buying a Ninja Foodi as I dispose of my cooker.

Jul 7, 2003
I'd also recommend a portable induction hot plate. I brought one when we did our kitchen, brilliant and so good I brought another. You'll probably find a good used double for sale on ebay (£80.) But also worth buying new and selling on or keeping as an extra boost for Xmas day or even outside cooking in summer (next to a BBQ).

Agree with this. We recently had our kitchen replaced and while we were without ovens and hobs, we borrowed a tefal induction hot plate which was really useful to have around.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Agree with this. We recently had our kitchen replaced and while we were without ovens and hobs, we borrowed a tefal induction hot plate which was really useful to
have around.
Thirded

I got a Tefal induction plate whilst our kitchen was being re-done. Fifty quid for a really good piece of kit.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
That was brave if I gave the Mrs a cooker for Christmas I would probably get kicked in the balls..

I went for a boys weekend in Taipei some years ago, did 3 all nighters and was due to fly out earlyish Sunday morning. I went for a bowl of beef noodles after coming out of the club completely battered on the last morning and realised I'd better get something to take home for my wife, so the next thing I know I'm walking back to my hotel with a frying pan.

It looked like a rather nice shiny frying pan too so I was quite pleased with myself but her face was a proper picture when I arrived back in Tokyo and presented it to her. It might not have been so bad if it was actually a decent frying pan but any food that was put near it instantly stuck and ruined, so all it ended up being good for anyway was bashing some sense into me.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I had a new kitchen fitted last December with two new ovens and a steam oven. I also bought myself a Ninja Foodi 7 in 1 7 litre for xmas. In all honesty, I could have saved myself money and not bought the rest of the kitchen. The Ninja is excellent. I do 90% of all my cooking in it. It's great for roasting, grilling, air frying, pressure cooking and slow cooking. There are great recipes for anything you might want to cook in it all over the Internet. It pre-heats almost immediately and is cheap to run. It's one of the best pieces of kit I have ever bought.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
EFE08EC3-06AE-4362-B999-A5628CFEF893.jpeg

I bought this model about two years ago but have only used the slow cooking option a few times. Reading the comments, above, I better get the book out start using it :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just ordered the 7.5l 9-in-one version.

Primarily wanted the pressure cooker for quicker slow cook recipes and the air fryer for anything that's you'd usually deep fry.

Interested to know what other people do in theirs, will definitely try a roast chicken.

What are your top tips/favourites to cook?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Here’s a question - does the dual zone version do all of the things the ‘Foodi’ does, or are we talking a different contraption. Looking to buy one in fairly short order to make the mid-week family meals a bit less mundane.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here’s a question - does the dual zone version do all of the things the ‘Foodi’ does, or are we talking a different contraption. Looking to buy one in fairly short order to make the mid-week family meals a bit less mundane.

The dual zone doesn't have the slow cook or pressure cook options.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Ninja arrived yesterday.
The cooker (and microwave) went to the kitchen in the sky today.

I've started with the AirFryer - chicken and chips, following Acker's man above.

All tasty.
Need to work on the chicken's colour (looked like Will Hughes having just eaten some wotsits)
Need to work on the chips crispiness.

It appears to be a cracking bit of kit, if for no other reason, I also bought \/

I'd also recommend a portable induction hot plate. I brought one when we did our kitchen, brilliant and so good I brought another. You'll probably find a good used double for sale on ebay (£80.) But also worth buying new and selling on or keeping as an extra boost for Xmas day or even outside cooking in summer (next to a BBQ).

meaning I cleared out 2 cupboards - 4 shelves worth of kitchen pots and pans and all the other paraphernalia to go with cooker and microwave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right I'm not going to promise I won't keep :bounce:ing this every time I cook something, but I will try to limit myself.

Crappy store bought burgers tonight.
No mess, no smell, minimal washing up.
Freakin game changer.

I have been watching plenty of YouTube tutorials (one pot Spag Bol is up next) nearly all of them are good, but not quite all:-

Enjoy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here