Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With you on your thinking H but I tend to give fair credence to other posters and try to understand their views, even if their views are total crap and their understanding of current affairs moronic.
I salute your indefatigability.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Theroux never gets to the grit. He’s too fawning.

I’d have to go with Partridge.
I'd go with his comedy team mate, Chris Morris in full Day Today mode.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We're going a bit off-piste aren't we?

Whoever it was who was charged with teasing the truth out of Farage, I suspect it would not be easy. He may be a Brexiteer, but he's not an idiot.

Someone on here said he's got the gift of the gab. I also think he's quite sharp, and is able to deflect an attack well.
He's well known for throwing a hissy fit or stomping off when grilled forensically

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Although Partridge interviewing Farage would provide great entertainment.
Partridge would skewer him simply by agreeing with most of fhis policies. Within 5 minutes they'd be reminiscing about stuff from the 70s

Alan: "The Black & White Minstrel Show - what's wrong with that?"
Nigel: " Exactly. A harmless bit of fun. I knew a black man and he loved it."

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’d say it’s unlikely anyone would want to form a coalition with Reform.
I agree nobody would probably want to form a coalition with Reform, but coalition working would be likely to force any extreme partners to moderate their demands and put aside their more extreme policies

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree nobody would probably want to form a coalition with Reform, but coalition working would be likely to force any extreme partners to moderate their demands and put aside their more extreme policies
Like in Israel?

The way it works is the exact opposite. With a seat at the table, minority lunatics simply drag the piece into the abyss.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Eight Reform candidates and their misogyny.

At the bottom of that report, see the following responses from Farage, neither of which bear a passing resemblance to recognising it, apologising for it or owning it.

1. Whataboutery ( = everyone else filters out their own nutters, but our vetting company failed to filter ours out)

'I can assure you that when the Labour Party go through those that apply, when the Conservative Party go through those that apply, they have to reject many."

2. Deflection ( = the Reform candidates are the real victims here)

He also said the party had had "an awful lot of candidates being stitched up in the most extraordinary way, with quotes taken out of context".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you follow Farage's comments to their logical conclusion he wants a return to the post - WW2, pre- NATO 1948 situation with Western Europe a collection of individual states and Eastern Europe under the control of Moscow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here