Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the waitresses at our pub asked me who I’m voting for, I told her that I’d probably vote Labour, then I asked who she was voting for……the response shocked me a bit to be honest. She said she was voting for Nigel Farage, the reason being that he does really funny TicToks. Bit worrying really when you think about it.
Did you ask her if she’d registered to vote in Clacton? :wink:

I can imagine her bewilderment searching for his name on the ballot paper.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of the waitresses at our pub asked me who I’m voting for, I told her that I’d probably vote Labour, then I asked who she was voting for……the response shocked me a bit to be honest. She said she was voting for Nigel Farage, the reason being that he does really funny TicToks. Bit worrying really when you think about it.

I understand it's the same reason a couple of regular NSC'ers are backing him on this very thread :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did you ask her if she’d registered to vote in Clacton? :wink:

I can imagine her bewilderment searching for his name on the ballot paper.
I guess it’s good that young people take an interest in politics, so I’m glad she asked me the question. Hopefully my explanation of what Farage is and represents will make her think a little more deeply about the subject, also perhaps the other parties could learn a little from Farage and his engagement with the younger generation, he’s obviously doing something right.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I feel there's something more sinister going on with Reform on Twitter - nearly every post seems to be from one of their supporters (bots?). This despite the fact that I don't follow anyone who has anything to do with them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From The Times.

IMG_2199.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Vetting.com

Run by a former Tory advisor

All the above from one article I read ..

Farage threatens Reform vetting firm with legal action​

Nigel Farage has threatened legal action against a vetting firm run by a former Tory adviser that he has accused of “stitching up” Reform UK.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/06/18/farage-reform-stitched-up-by-candidate-vetting-firm/

If this is true and the vetting company have somehow managed to find dozens of Fascists and Nazi apologists at short notice and persuaded them to stand as Reform candidates in order to embarrass poor old Nige, then this is an enormous story :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nigel Farage has threatened legal action against a vetting firm run by a former Tory adviser that he has accused of “stitching up” Reform UK.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/06/18/farage-reform-stitched-up-by-candidate-vetting-firm/

If this is true and the vetting company have somehow managed to find dozens of Fascists and Nazi apologists at short notice and persuaded them to stand as Reform candidates in order to embarrass poor old Nige, then this is an enormous story :wink:
Aren’t candidates put on a list and handed to the vetting firm to be vetted?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So he blames the vetting company for letting fascists stand for election for Reform.

Susanna, you missed a chance there.

Who is the vetting company? And just out of interest, who owns it? Is it you Mr. Farage?

What if the vetting company says 'I was only following orders'?
I thought he said BETTING company - and wasn't surprised :lolol:

"Our Nigel? 'E says it like it is and tells the troof."*

*Expect when he faces difficult questions and then gets all huffy with the interviewer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I guess it depends on if he sees the candidates as TOO Nazi or not Nazi enough.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Farage, a Reform candidate with links to Munich, commented on the vetting Company failure: "We've been stitched up. Nobody told us Burnley got relegated"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here