Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nicola Sturgeon resigning

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The Scots get a disproportionately higher take of tax revenue per head compared to the rest of the UK and the SNP doesn't know how to manage it - said a Scottish couple I met on holiday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Happy days indeed. Her and her troughing wasters being found out for ruining the country, picking unnecessary fights with Westminster and the general bigoted anti English racism. May she rot in a cell with the key thrown away for a very long time.
Whatever Bojo has done, she and her vile cabal of cretinous nazis have been far far worse.

In democracy we trust...

TNBA

TTF
Anti-English racism. Glad someone else has mentioned that - I lived up there for five years; met many nice people, made some good friends (an I have fond memories of some of the women too). Person to person, was usally fine (but quickly learned how to order a pint of heavy without some muscled troll approaching me with the dreaded 'welcome' - "Hey you, youse ENGlish aren't ye")
Individually lovely - but collectively, anti-English racists all the lot of 'em.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Scots get a disproportionately higher take of tax revenue per head compared to the rest of the UK and the SNP doesn't know how to manage it - said a Scottish couple I met on holiday
Exactly. Often when living in Scotland I was regularly asked, "What is the best thing that comes out of England?" The answer that was wanted was, 'The road to Scotland'. I told them the truth - it was actually the subsidies.

It never went down well...........................

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Anti-English racism. Glad someone else has mentioned that - I lived up there for five years; met many nice people, made some good friends (an I have fond memories of some of the women too). Person to person, was usally fine (but quickly learned how to order a pint of heavy without some muscled troll approaching me with the dreaded 'welcome' - "Hey you, youse ENGlish aren't ye")
Individually lovely - but collectively, anti-English racists all the lot of 'em.
Untrue...The SNP and ALBA are both flawed in their nonsense dogma but have decent people in their midst. I have lived here for 40+ years and the Scots are by a vast majority great Britains. Just that there are racist/bigoted independence types who are nasty and not nice. Just need to laugh them off and carry on being a decent human being, even if they cannot! Sturgeon and her cabal sum them up......intellectually bereft!

TNBA

TTF

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Untrue...The SNP and ALBA are both flawed in their nonsense dogma but have decent people in their midst. I have lived here for 40+ years and the Scots are by a vast majority great Britains. Just that there are racist/bigoted independence types who are nasty and not nice. Just need to laugh them off and carry on being a decent human being, even if they cannot! Sturgeon and her cabal sum them up......intellectually bereft!

TNBA

TTF
No, very very true! Individually lovely. Collectively, neo-racist. Just look under, "SNP".

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
But what if we’ve all got this wrong, and this arrest and the accompanying media coverage is all part of a smear campaign by the ‘men in grey suits’?

If she is guilty fair enough, but if she isn’t she won’t be the first individual destroyed by the ‘state’ and she probably won’t be the last.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But what if we’ve all got this wrong, and this arrest and the accompanying media coverage is all part of a smear campaign by the ‘men in grey suits’?

If she is guilty fair enough, but if she isn’t she won’t be the first individual destroyed by the ‘state’ and she probably won’t be the last.
Looking at an issue sideways? You are a wise man and I salute you :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that’s surely enough if its an attempt to destroy her?
I was talking about purely legal terms, not politics. Some posts were already mentioning guilty, and @Bozza can do without any legal problems.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was talking about purely legal terms, not politics. Some posts were already mentioning guilty, and @Bozza can do without any legal problems.
Released without charge, like thousands of people, some well known some anonymous, before her in history.

But as smear campaigns go, job done?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Released without charge, like thousands of people, some well known some anonymous, before her in history.

But as smear campaigns go, job done?
That depends on whether you want to believe it. She had already resigned, so for what purpose?
As I said, speculation doesn’t help Nsc nor any chance of libel proceedings.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
93bdfae2-b8e9-465d-b9f3-86c45b090a4f.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here