Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next season’s Aways

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don’t see what difference it makes if they forget last season or not, we’ll all be impacted the same, won’t we?

Without seeing the formula, difficult to say. Guessing it wouldn't affect those in the top tier but those in the lower tiers may be closer together!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a flat on the Brentford side of Kew Bridge and know quite a few Brentford fans, of all the teams in the PL and they can’t wait to play us even singing bring on the Brighton ???

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I always enjoy the trips to Liverpool and Everton even if we don’t win.
Naturally the manchester games are good.
Although I don’t enjoy Elland Road, a trip to Bradford en route will make it palatable

Most of all, I’m looking forward to seeing friends in person and that joy of watching the Albion together.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brentford is somewhat pitch of the bunch due to new location and some seriously cracking pubs round there. Worked round there for years.

Very easy if you are coming up from Brighton. Nearer the time, but I'll give details.

I'd imagine the Bell and Crown will be a home pub, but personally I'd go to the Pilot. Lovely pub cheekily hidden behind Gunnersbury station.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Brentford should be easy too - apparently the ground nearest to a station.

Personally, I wouldn't go to that station though. I'd get a fast train to Richmond from Clapham Junction, past Chiswick. THEN cut back in two stops

1) Cheeky pint at the lovely pub at Kew Gardens Station (one stop)

2) Get back on the train and on stop to Gunnersbury then walk 10 mins to the Pilot Pub behind the station.

3) Walk to the ground.

4) After the game walk to Gunnersbury (giving up with the queues at Kew Bridge)

5) Take a shop hop to back Richmond two stops on either the overground/district line knowingly (in the "wrong" direction) to Richmond whilst all the other Brighton fans are struggling to get on a snail train to central London / Victoria.

6) At the end of the platform have that piss you are dying for at Richmond which is one of the only tube stations with a toilet.

7) Stock up NEXT DOOR in the Mark and Spencer for beer and sausage rolls for the journey home.

8) Walk a FEW METRES to the London platform and get a fast train to Clapham Junction. They either go direct or make one stop.

9) Get off at Clapham Junction and you will on a train back South before THE FOOLS who chose to travel east.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Personally, I wouldn't go to that station though. I'd get a fast train to Richmond from Clapham Junction, past Chiswick. THEN cut back in two stops

2) Get back on the train and on stop to Gunnersbury then walk 10 mins to the Pilot Pub behind the station.

3) Walk to the ground.

5) Take a shop hop to back Richmond two stops on either the overground/district line knowingly (in the "wrong" direction) to Richmond whilst all the other Brighton fans are struggling to get on a snail train to central London / Victoria.

6) At the end of the platform have that piss you are dying for at Richmond which is one of the only tube stations with a toilet.

7) Stock up NEXT DOOR in the Mark and Spencer for beer and sausage rolls for the journey home.

8) Walk a FEW METRES to the London platform and get a fast train to Clapham Junction. They either go direct or make one stop.

9) Get off at Clapham Junction and you will on a train back South before THE FOOLS who chose to travel east.

And forget that it is the Harlequins 'Big Game' December home match, bumping into thousands of us Quins fans returning VICTORIOUS from Twickenham :lolol:

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Brentford nailed on for me and The Leeds United because I haven’t been.

Don’t think I’ll ever g back to Goodison it’s a terrible away end as is Turf Moor and Smellyurst.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unless Barbs has post-Covid recalculated points, I'll be heading first dibs for the c.2,000 Brentford Stadium tickets.

Plus all the others, minus Everton of course. Until the new ground is in place I'm not watching through a letterbox.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

3) Walk to the ground.

There are any number of pubs you could try from Richmond to Barnes to Chiswick. I would go Barnes myself because my
brother lives close. Can't wait for this one, although tickets will be at a premium.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

3) Walk to the ground.

Sounds fun that. x1080.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't even know how to get a ticket for an away game these days.

Is it even possible to rock up on the day and pay on the gate anywhere any more ( Shoreham aside)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Brentford as some great boozers by the river, will be difficult to get a ticket,unless a midweek evening. Any up North, always good for a weekend on the slosh[emoji1303]

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Looks like we are going to take about 30,000 to both Brentford and Norwich. Looks like I wont be able to get a ticket for Norwich. I will have to go in with the home fans!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've done all the stadiums in the Premier League now with the exception of Brentford so Brentford is firmly top of my list. Will probably do less aways than I have previously done as Most Junior Giraffe is taking most of my time, so will stick to the Southern half of the country generally now for the next couple of seasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone busy thinking "Oooh, new ground" re Brentford and forgetting the fact that we are nearly always shit there.

Also bear in mind it'll be the smallest ground in the PL (only seats about 17,000) so the allocation won't be much. It's a funny looking stadium: given that Palace fans hilariously refer to the Amex as being made of Lego (jealousy is such an ugly emotion), they'll be gobsmacked when they see the BCC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brentford, finally a new ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here