Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It clears a number of Tories MP are now acting in their own self interests, they couldn't a damn about the country.

I'm no fan of Sunak's policies and he'd increase the Tories chances at the next election, but for the sake of the nation he would at least bring stability.

The very talk of Johnson is already spooking the market, borrow up again today

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I don’t believe there is any chance Johnson will be back as PM. It simply can not happen. The country and those who purport to run it are as corrupt as he is if this happens
All he needs is 100 of the looneys to back him. And he will get that.
Then the arch looneys (the Tory members) will wave him through.

He can't lose - he will get at least 120 MP's backing him.

Even if Sunak gets 200, Johnson will get over 100, so will be our next PM.

Switch the lights out - those that still work!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How convenient to just brush aside Iraq. A war! Surely that was enough? British soldiers killed and maimed on a contrived premise? I'm sure David Kelley is turning in his grave. Blair was as big a liar as Boris.
That's a nasty, peevish and mendacious post.

Your tories voted for the war in Iraq, and the largest number opposing (or abstaining) were labour.

Iraq.PNG

wmd2.PNG

If you read about the 'dodgy dossier' it was never stated that Blair 'lied'. This is the spin that his opponents, primarily disgruntled members of labour's hard left, the peevish SWP, and the sorts who are always calling for boycotting Israel used. It does not behove a conservative like you to repeat such tripe, and by and large mainstream tories don't do so and never did.

The dossier was not the justification for the war. The repeated disregard of the UN and the efforts of Blix justified considering an invasion.

Kelly killed himself after he was missquoted and misslead by two journalists, Watts and Gilligan which made him think he'd let the country down, with the coup de grace being the defenestration by Lib Dem MP Andrew McKinlay (an opportunist opponent of all war, any war, as per liberal policy, the clowns):

"
Andrew MacKinlay: I reckon you are chaff; you have been thrown up to divert our probing. Have you ever felt like a fall-guy? You have been set up, have you not?
Dr Kelly: That is not a question I can answer.
Andrew MacKinlay: But you feel that?
Dr Kelly: No, not at all. I accept the process that is going on.[121][119]
After the hearing Kelly described MacKinlay to his daughter as an "utter bastard"."

(plus Kelly had other issues too; a noble but frail man).

Those who blame Blair for Kelly's death are fools or knaves.

Don't you imagine that if there was genuine scope for doing down Blair and damaging Labour by picking at the Iraq war and the dossier, the tories wouldn't still be at it? FFS!

Everyone knows that had the tories been in charge the outcome would have been the same - a war but with no exit strategy.

The tories learned from backing Blair and Blix with no exit strategy, by backing Brexit with no strategy :facepalm:

You stick with your tories if it makes you feel happier, but if you need to justify this by claiming Blair was as bigger liar as Johnson, frankly, I feel a bit sorry for you :shrug:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The only chance that he isn't voted in by the membership, is that up to 20% of the members are not on email - nuff said.
And they will mostly be Johnson voters I would imagine.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ben Wallace has gone way down in my estimation, with his ‘ veering towards Johnson.’
Is he mad? Besides the fact that he had to stand down a few weeks ago, the Harriet Harman enquiry could mean that if he was voted in, he could be gone again by Christmas.
Madness. Wallace also came out to back Truss once it was clear she was going to win. Methinks he is more interested in his own arse than anything else!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t believe there is any chance Johnson will be back as PM. It simply can not happen. The country and those who purport to run it are as corrupt as he is if this happens
If he stands he will win. The question is how many tories will quit and how many of them will then lose their seats to Johnson loyalists parachuted in for the next general election.

Interesting times.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patreon
Oct 20, 2022
Larry the Cat 🐈‍⬛

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ben Wallace has gone way down in my estimation, with his ‘ veering towards Johnson.’
Is he mad? Besides the fact that he had to stand down a few weeks ago, the Harriet Harman enquiry could mean that if he was voted in, he could be gone again by Christmas.
Madness. Wallace also came out to back Truss once it was clear she was going to win. Methinks he is more interested in his own arse than anything else!
He's a former soldier. They make good party men because they like giving or following orders, and you follow the orders of whoever is in charge. Wallace will back whoever is in charge of the tories (or likely to be in change) because that's what he does.

(I edited that a bit. It sounded like I was criticising soldiers. Not what I meant)

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If Sunak wins more than 50% of MPs vote, does he win outright or does it go to the members still?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
All those on the list above are more interested in furthering their own financial situation than any 'duty' to Britain :tosser:

If they cared at all about the Electorate they would have done something about the ever increasing and obvious economic disaster that has gradually built over the last 3 years long ago. They've all backed this ridiculous fantasy economic plan to varying degrees and now it has become blindingly clear what has happened, they are all claiming to be the one who will come in and 'stabilise' the economy ?

And let's face it, the three favourites Johnson, Sunak and Mourdant have been at the forefront of the whole f***ing clusterf*** all along, so which one do we think is 'best' to now lead us out of it ? :shootself

And relax .... :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Your tories voted for the war in Iraq, and the largest number opposing (or abstaining) were labour.

You stick with your tories if it makes you feel happier, but if you need to justify this by claiming Blair was as bigger liar as Johnson, frankly, I feel a bit sorry for you :shrug:
Don't often see you this angry HWT.

But I couldn't agree with you more. I hated the war in Iraq, hated the processes. But Blair was not the architect of it - and if the Tories had been in power at the time we would have been in there doubly quickly and with much more gung-ho, Blair did, in his way, at least make Bush think a bit about what he was doing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't often see you this angry HWT.

But I couldn't agree with you more. I hated the war in Iraq, hated the processes. But Blair was not the architect of it - and if the Tories had been in power at the time we would have been in there doubly quickly and with much more gung-ho, Blair did, in his way, at least make Bush think a bit about what he was doing.
Yep. I just saw a narrative that set me off; decent poster, worst state the tories have ever been in, ever, dull but worthy current leader of the opposition poised to pick up the pieces of a shattered nation, and for no earthly reason the generally sensible (if conservative) chap decides to do a bollock-high studs-up two-footed tackle from 20 years behind on the UK's best modern PM who had the good sense to back the US rather than the f***ing French at a time of need, and all that as if it puts the shiteshow of Johnson and Truss into some sort of perspective. I mean, Christ :facepalm:

Never mind. I have moved on now. :lolol:

???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
All those on the list above are more interested in furthering their own financial situation than any 'duty' to Britain :tosser:

If they cared at all about the Electorate they would have done something about the ever increasing and obvious economic disaster that has gradually built over the last 3 years long ago. They've all backed this ridiculous fantasy economic plan to varying degrees and now it has become blindingly clear what has happened, they are all claiming to be the one who will come in and 'stabilise' the economy ?

And let's face it, the three favourites Johnson, Sunak and Mourdant have been at the forefront of the whole f***ing clusterf*** all along, so which one do we think is 'best' to now lead us out of it ? :shootself

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

View attachment 152998
View attachment 152999

If you read about the 'dodgy dossier' it was never stated that Blair 'lied'. This is the spin that his opponents, primarily disgruntled members of labour's hard left, the peevish SWP, and the sorts who are always calling for boycotting Israel used. It does not behove a conservative like you to repeat such tripe, and by and large mainstream tories don't do so and never did.

The dossier was not the justification for the war. The repeated disregard of the UN and the efforts of Blix justified considering an invasion.

Kelly killed himself after he was missquoted and misslead by two journalists, Watts and Gilligan which made him think he'd let the country down, with the coup de grace being the defenestration by Lib Dem MP Andrew McKinlay (an opportunist opponent of all war, any war, as per liberal policy, the clowns):

"

After the hearing Kelly described MacKinlay to his daughter as an "utter bastard"."

(plus Kelly had other issues too; a noble but frail man).

Those who blame Blair for Kelly's death are fools or knaves.

Don't you imagine that if there was genuine scope for doing down Blair and damaging Labour by picking at the Iraq war and the dossier, the tories wouldn't still be at it? FFS!

Everyone knows that had the tories been in charge the outcome would have been the same - a war but with no exit strategy.

The tories learned from backing Blair and Blix with no exit strategy, by backing Brexit with no strategy :facepalm:

Absolutely spot on.

The same anti-centrists also regularly refer to Blair as a War Criminal which is factually incorrect. Yet you never see them refer to actual convicted war criminals from that era such as Tariq Aziz as such. It's bizarre, libellous and no different to Palace fans stating Dunk is a sex criminal.

Every time the lie gets posted on here I have an urge to crack down on it, yet no doubt there'd be a large cabal crying that moderation of such statements was politically motivated.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hi @WATFORD zero,None of them, but to even to consider Johnson is utter madness.
As a Tory voter, I am appalled by the mess that has been created. The writing was on the wall with the disastrous Brexit vote result.
Personally, if the Tory party had the best interests of the country at heart, they should go for a General Election and let the country decide.
PS.
I haven’t got the hang of this new fangled NSC yet……..I blame old age.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here