Gloucester
Nine points - very unlikely.
Zero points - almost as unlikely.
Somewhere in between - very likely.

Next question?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's because they park the bus, we spend and hour switching the ball from left to right on the edge of their area looking for a route to walk the ball into the net. We need to be a little bit more direct with plenty of speculative shots from the edge of the area.???

I guess so, although that also happens against the 'top' teams. There was a lot of tippy-tappy play around the Chelsea box at 1-1, but there seemed to be a wall of opposition shirts in the way.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I genuinely think that the tougher games (for Brighton, at least) are against teams in the bottom half of the table. Not quite sure why they seem to struggle, but then outperform TeamsLikeChelsea, but it's deffo something Potter and co need to look at/work on...

Yeah, I was thinking that when i wrote my post. Of the five games we've played against the 'big 6' we've drawn four and only lost one and none of the draws have been backs to the wall hanging on for dear life draws, they've been well earned, draw at a minimum games.

However, I really want us to have a go at the cup so 7 would mean there could be no possible excuse not to. It would also stop the constitutionally weaker from getting to fretty as we're bound to go on another winless run sooner or later. If we have enough points to stay up before going on that run then the fretters will have less to fret about.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's because they park the bus, we spend and hour switching the ball from left to right on the edge of their area looking for a route to walk the ball into the net. We need to be a little bit more direct with plenty of speculative shots from the edge of the area.???

exactly this

problem being the courage/desire/ability to shoot from more than 6 yards out has seemingly been extracted from every player. . . . If it couldn't be then they've been shipped out.:rolleyes:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I genuinely think that the tougher games (for Brighton, at least) are against teams in the bottom half of the table. Not quite sure why they seem to struggle, but then outperform TeamsLikeChelsea, but it's deffo something Potter and co need to look at/work on...
We will not go full tilt at fa cup just my opinion

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Speculative shots are probably our most dangerous moment in these games with players committed forwards, a well hit shot cannoning off a player is a sure fire counter attack. You're especially vulnerable with players ahead of the ball as we often get.

What we have to do is just take the chances we do create against these teams rather than put it over an open goal from 6 yards, or miss penalties, or not hit the target with a bit of space inside the box. It's not like we haven't created clear cut golden opportunities in many of these games, it's not actually the creative part that's the issue, it's the finishing and that doesn't change whether you pass it 20 times to create an opening or hit a speculative shot.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Five points or more would be nice. Four ok. Any less a bit disappointing.

Which it probably will be because we're good at doing disappointing. Watford could have a new manager and they'll bounce into beating us with a backs to the wall performance. We'll take the lead against Burnley but it will be them getting a late equaliser. It will be a very exciting game against Villa but an early red card for us as Coutinho gets fouled will see them come from behind and take the points.

1 point from 9 and slide to 12th :(

Then we'll beat Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here