Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seagull/s

Hi all
I know many people would frown on this, but as I Stockport county season ticket holder of 15 years I have finally had enough, my first son was born a year ago and I have been recently thinking do I want to put him through the rubbish that I have been put through, not just on the pitch but off it as well, the club is a shambles from head to toe, I have never been a glory hunter so going to eastlands or old Trafford are 100% out of the question, please don't think I go to football games expecting 3 points, Stockport county are ran so poorly it as got beyond that, so I have been studying most teams from the championship to L2 to try and find a team I would be proud to follow and take my lad, and brighton pretty much ticks all the boxes except it being over 4 hours away, I can't promise to be a season ticket holder but I will try my best to get to the Amex a couple of times a season and will get to Blackpool Bolton and Blackburn in the next couple of months for away games, just wanted to introduce myself anyway and say that you have got a fantastic club and I hope it gives me and jake many happy years! Cheers Al

It is a condition of entry to the AMEX that you pre-read "Build a bonfire" and "We want Falmer".

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Well I am a barber and shut my shop early on matchdays but we are expecting our 2nd child in July so financially I would have to stop that and work all day, so going to home games for any team will be few and far between, as I said tho I will be at the Amex a couple of times a season it looks a cracking stadium, can I just point out tho im not trying to make out il be brightons fan of the year just looks like a good ran club

I don't understand how you are going to get to Blackpool, Bolton and Blackpool if you now have to work all day on Saturdays.

Anyway, you will have to learn new pronounciation as you can't sing some of our songs with northern accents - as my sons will testify.
In addition to reading BaB and WWF books, you need to understand what Palace means to us starting from 1976.
PM me and I will look you up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Jamie's now a daddy?!?! Congrats :D

Seriously guys, we're 30 posts into the thread and not one mention of our Stockport supporting fan site making friend?!?! Standards are well and truly slipping on here guys.... Come on now :)

To the OP, welcome. You might want to read this before going any further :)

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?168987-important-please-read

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You either need help or a new keyboard.......my guess its help! :lol: try believing people sometimes......if a poster has not got 10 million posts you always say he is Palace :)
I'm very open minded but not a fool. 100% Palace. It really is blindly obvious. Or it's someone on here having a laugh. I know El-Pres comes from Stockport.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
But then, what's wrong with a little playing away if it gives you what you can't get at home?

That's what my ex-wife in America told me.

e5744bb93fdd2528b6ac0f6fe72ae348.jpg

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
Palace,,,,noooo stockport couny, that's the first thing I said in my first post, anyhow no bother me and my lad will quietly support brighton and go when we can, as closing the shop early a few times a year compared to every other Saturday is different , think I would of got this reaction on Any board eg forest thinking I'm a derby fan or brum thinking I'm wba, but I'm honestly just a bored stockport county fan who wants to enjoy some proper football and get excited over proper transfers etc etc! I did think about sounding different being from the North but suppose il get over it,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi all
I know many people would frown on this, but as I Stockport county season ticket holder of 15 years I have finally had enough, my first son was born a year ago and I have been recently thinking do I want to put him through the rubbish that I have been put through, not just on the pitch but off it as well, the club is a shambles from head to toe, I have never been a glory hunter so going to eastlands or old Trafford are 100% out of the question, please don't think I go to football games expecting 3 points, Stockport county are ran so poorly it as got beyond that, so I have been studying most teams from the championship to L2 to try and find a team I would be proud to follow and take my lad, and brighton pretty much ticks all the boxes except it being over 4 hours away, I can't promise to be a season ticket holder but I will try my best to get to the Amex a couple of times a season and will get to Blackpool Bolton and Blackburn in the next couple of months for away games, just wanted to introduce myself anyway and say that you have got a fantastic club and I hope it gives me and jake many happy years! Cheers Al

If this is a wind up its a RUBBISH one, with no punchline, so I say welcome aboard chap.

I'm sure our hard-core existing Northern mob, the Cheshire Seagulls will welcome you into the fold. Generally 4 or 5 of them travel to every game in the North, and some of them to most home games. [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is just down the road in posh Cheshire, and [MENTION=102]Padders[/MENTION] is a Brighton fan, with a lad who supports County, so you'll find plenty of common ground. You do like CURRY, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here