Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New replica shirts - what tat

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Do the shirts make you play better and run faster then? :moo: :)

Nah, makes no difference to my football skills at all, but they are much more comfortable to wear than a 'normal' cotton t-shirt, however the occasional shout of "Seagulls" at a run does help to distract me from the feelings of exhaustion.....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am sure that has been posted already, mate, but contact the club and ask for a replacement? If they aren't helpful, email Paul Barber, if you still have no luck then some kind of dirty protest in Dick's Bar.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I had noticed that the new home kits tend to look ,like they need an iron.

Maupay's interview on Saturday being a case in point.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The THANK YOU NHS shirt is a thing of rare beauty tho eh? Utmost respect to the club for that one :clap2:

To be fair I have that one and will be wearing it like a stupid old man looking back on his life from afar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having worn my new home and away shirts during leisure activities this week, I washed them using the normal cycle that I've been using on my 50+ other Albion shirts over the last 25 years. One wear, one wash. All four 'Premier League' arm patches are peeling off, and the away shirt is creased like Dot Cotton's face. Creased. I have never had to iron a football top, neither Albion nor England. Never. Will it melt?

I am saddened and disappointed.

Have you thought of donating them to any poor seven year old child whose dad has been just a touch too slow (by about 7 years) in signing them up for a free shirt?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have you thought of donating them to any poor seven year old child whose dad has been just a touch too slow (by about 7 years) in signing them up for a free shirt?

Not convinced that a seven year old would be that impressed with a man sized shirt with the labels peeling off and looking like a rag

:thumbsup: for the little dig though, I forget who the father you allude to is though :smile:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I had noticed that the new home kits tend to look ,like they need an iron.

Maupay's interview on Saturday being a case in point.

In fairness he had just played 96 minutes of competitive elite level football and probably sweat more calories than I've eaten this week, so I'll forgive the sartorial faux-pas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness he had just played 96 minutes of competitive elite level football and probably sweat more calories than I've eaten this week, so I'll forgive the sartorial faux-pas

Given the close attention he received from the Burnley thugs I imagine his shirt was pulled out of shape on numerous occasions too

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having worn my new home and away shirts during leisure activities this week, I washed them using the normal cycle that I've been using on my 50+ other Albion shirts over the last 25 years. One wear, one wash. All four 'Premier League' arm patches are peeling off, and the away shirt is creased like Dot Cotton's face. Creased. I have never had to iron a football top, neither Albion nor England. Never. Will it melt?

I am saddened and disappointed.

I'd go straight to the experts. Give this man's office a ring.

00C2CCFA00000190-0-image-41_1417211620277.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:wink: I have decided to iron the green shirt and glue the decals back onto the other. :thumbsup:

#whatwasIthinking

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have bought t shirts and a sweatshirt in the past few years, which have all shrunk or gone bobbly! I know I have increased in size over lockdown but they are still tat.

I have two shirts bought in the late 90s/early noughties from the North Street shop up from the Clock Tower that are both 'non iron'. They are short sleeve button ups, of the sort an 80s darts player might have worn. They are both still in perfect nick, never need an iron, still easily fit me, and are a pride and joy.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Nah, makes no difference to my football skills at all, but they are much more comfortable to wear than a 'normal' cotton t-shirt, however the occasional shout of "Seagulls" at a run does help to distract me from the feelings of exhaustion.....

Hoping to wear mine at the Brighton 10k, if it ever turns up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here