Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’d be astonished if the concourses stayed open after the match once tbe box park gets going. Or at least they’ll reduce them. That’s a lot of staff to keep paying. I may be wrong but I’m presuming that part of the box park appeal is that they can consolidate the bar facilities.

I’m ambivalent about the whole idea. We’re not told just how big this will be, and crucially, what the capacity will be compared to current facilities. As a previous poster said, I like the idea of having a quiet pint and watching the late match on a Saturday while the train chaos subsides but I fear it will be rammed and very loud. I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

Prepare to be astonished then.

There is absolutely no chance the club decide to close the concourse at full time due to the fanzone being built. Zilch.

How many catering staff stay behind after the match? 100? And that’s probably being generous. They’re probably on £11 an hour and it stays open for what? 3 hours? 4? 100 people x £11 x 4 hours is £4,400. It’s such an inconsequential amount of money for what the club get in return.

If you really think the club are going to close the concourse at full time, missing out the revenue in generates and making the transport issues even worse because Dicks Bar is moving 500 yards then I want some of what you’re smoking please.

el punal

I think it’s where the grassy bank is, where the hotel was going to be.
By the looks of the images I would imagine it’s the space from before the bandstand - station ramp side - going to the point where the ticket office ends.

There is absolutely no chance the club decide to close the concourse at full time due to the fanzone being built. Zilch.

How many catering staff stay behind after the match? 100? And that’s probably being generous. They’re probably on £11 an hour and it stays open for what? 3 hours? 4? 100 people x £11 x 4 hours is £4,400. It’s such an inconsequential amount of money for what the club get in return.

If you really think the club are going to close the concourse at full time, missing out the revenue in generates and making the transport issues even worse because Dicks Bar is moving 500 yards then I want some of what you’re smoking please.
To back up your view in isolation - I sit in the West Upper, at the end of the game I will have a (celebratory!) pint in the West Upper concourse. I will then go down to the North and join up with other friends and repeat the process. If the weather is decent we stand outside with hundreds of other fans.

By introducing the fan zone adds to the great social atmosphere post match that I don’t think any other club has. In fact it enhances it. Fans will still drink and eat in the concourse bars after the game regardless.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely the fan zone, and current facilities, are North West.
Hotel was planned for North East wasn't it?

Are you talking actual compass points or using the stadium stands for reference? Using the stadium the hotel was planned for SE and the fanzone is NE

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What about safe standing in the North? We do

What about the slide from the WSU to the ground floor? Being diverted to Falmer platform

What about a left back? Watson's coming out of retirement

What about brown sauce finally being supplied in the North? A bottle of HP is kept in one of the cistern's, join 1901 (North) and you'll be told which one

Instead spend the money on things people never ask for

Barber OUT

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Say 5,000 currently stay post match for boozing, or even if you halve that, there’s no way the new FanZone could accommodate those numbers. To benchmark, the much larger Wembley BoxPark holds 2,000. The concourse bars post match will remain, but I wonder if they’ll close some of the kiosks if they kind demand plummets.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Say 5,000 currently stay post match for boozing, or even if you halve that, there’s no way the new FanZone could accommodate those numbers. To benchmark, the much larger Wembley BoxPark holds 2,000. The concourse bars post match will remain, but I wonder if they’ll close some of the kiosks if they kind demand plummets.
they just need to install lots more of the self service beer machines . Issue solved

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a food lover (pig) and not a matchday boozer, I want more food kiosks opened 😀 . Or staff with a modicum of urgency about them.
I will direct Sodexo to my Maseille food and drink thread. Oysters and rose at a minmum I say.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Are you talking actual compass points or using the stadium stands for reference? Using the stadium the hotel was planned for SE and the fanzone is NE

Yup, I am using the stands.
North West being at the corner of North and West stands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you do the full 1901 dining experience on each visit, sometimes just the simple grub?
Due to illness I’ve not been to the AMEX for almost a year now; with the help of friends and the club I made the game in Marseille. But before this I did the 1901 dining once every couple of seasons max; I preferred to eat at Cin Cin then make my way to the ground.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I will direct Sodexo to my Maseille food and drink thread. Oysters and rose at a minmum I say.
Well if we are talking Marseilles, it just has to be bouillabaisse shirley?

Though heaven knows what Sodexo would make of that, they definately wouldn't be able to spell it, let alone cook it. Unfortunately for them it doesn't come out of a tin.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
By the looks of the images I would imagine it’s the space from before the bandstand - station ramp side - going to the point where the ticket office ends.

To back up your view in isolation - I sit in the West Upper, at the end of the game I will have a (celebratory!) pint in the West Upper concourse. I will then go down to the North and join up with other friends and repeat the process. If the weather is decent we stand outside with hundreds of other fans.

By introducing the fan zone adds to the great social atmosphere post match that I don’t think any other club has. In fact it enhances it. Fans will still drink and eat in the concourse bars after the game regardless.
If any one has the programme from Sunday there is a pic in there of the proposed location. It’s basically where the band stand and catering are now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here