Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New NSC ad problem

Has this affected you?

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Unfortunately today there has been a recurring new ad problem when using NSC on Safari on iPhone.

What appears to be happening is when a certain ad loads, it simply crashes to a white screen with the “NSC has failed to load” message. A quick refresh immediately fixes it, but it’s a nuisance as it can occur at any time including while typing a message. Hitting refresh naturally wipes the text box. This has happened around 5 times so far, next time it does I’ll take a screenshot.

Has something been altered @Bozza ?

Many thanks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nope, no changes and I've been using the site on my phone for much of the day and I've not had a single issue.

The problem is we all get different adverts, so if there is an advert that is misbehaving, it could just be impacting a few users or even just the one. Most of my ads are for running shoes, whereas if you don't spend any time looking at running shoes, you'll probably never get an ad for them,

Any screenshots or further details you can provide can be passed on to the ad network to see if they can trace it and stop it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nope, no changes and I've been using the site on my phone for much of the day and I've not had a single issue.

The problem is we all get different adverts, so if there is an advert that is misbehaving, it could just be impacting a few users or even just the one. Most of my ads are for running shoes, whereas if you don't spend any time looking at running shoes, you'll probably never get an ad for them,

Any screenshots or further details you can provide can be passed on to the ad network to see if they can trace it and stop it.
Cheers 🍻

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Could be the same thing that was causing my issues on Android last night: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/nsc-crashing-android-device-last-night.403063/

Screenshots will be difficult to get - every time I had it the problem manifested before any of the ads became visible, making it impossible to identify what ad was actually trying to load up. For me, it was actually crashing random services on my phone outside of the browser (as well as making the browser unresponsive and then crashing the browser).

Edit: Just randomly happened again. Looked down at NSC on my phone to see the little Android popup saying Chrome had crashed. No visible ads in NSC, looks like it crashed before the ads actually loaded. Dismissed the crash popup for Chrome, and then had to dismiss a few more crash alerts (for things like "Modes and Routines" which'll be for one of my automation apps).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here