Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New Fridge/Freezer

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Just dont go anywhere near Curry's. They're fine when things work, but if anything arrives faulty, they just endlessly give you the runaround until you basically give up.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It’s our throw away world where very little is worth repairing and fridge freezers are a case in point, my parents purchased a fridge in 1968 and while sadly they are not the fridge is still going while todays Offerings might be very much more efficient they are designed to not last or effectively be repaired, that’s the capitalist society we find ourselves living, in one where governments are advised by the very same institutions that deliver setting new targets ensuring obsolescence is built within everything made
I have an LEC chest-freezer in my garage, 50 years old and still going strong.
Mum & Dad bought it in 1972 and gave it to me as a parting gift for being the last sibling to fly their nest back in 1985

It might not score too well in the current electrical efficiency table, but I'd guess this is more than compensated by enabling bulk-buy from the cash-and-carry.
Even bought half-a-lamb last year direct from a farm [ready butchered].
No idea how long it will keep going and now my brood have all flown our nest I doubt we would replace if it died ,,,,

It's served its time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here