Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New EPL TV deal - 6.30pm Sunday games - we need to stop this

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We as fans have to go along with whatever the tv companies want . It’s not like there’s any choice for us.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
If you don’t like what sky/tnt/(amazon) are doing then get a firestick/vpn/whatever and don’t pay them their money - it is the only way it will hurt them.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A bit of over reaction I fear. This isn't going to be EVERY WEEK!
As we have as good a chance as anyone to qualify again next year, it will only be every other week, you know, to correspond to Thursday night games! :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As others have said some people will like it and others not. Depends upon your personal circumstances. The angriest will be the ones who don’t like it. Perhaps it would be worth checking with all supporters before manning the barricades though…..
Hmm…i dont consider myself the angriest and personally i dont like it….the majority on this thread have given their preference so I’m doing mine in a calm considered way…now **** off u *****!!!@ sc,zncdsjfnbasjvnsakc******* ! There as i said i am calm ….deep breath…and breathe out 😂

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I disagree. The 3pm blackout needs to go asap. Anyone with a dodgy firestick, IPTV or access to reddit can watch any of them online and every town in England must have one pub that's prepared to use these tools to show games. It's no longer fit for purpose and is leading to these situations where kickoff times simply don't work for visiting fans, the most loyal and those who spend the biggest proportions of their income.
Sure. Let’s be dictated to by those who use the illegal streams so that Albion can ultimately take a cut of revenue from an audience of 40,000 while United take the same percentage and an amount 10-20 times larger. Crazy thinking. It’s not ideal but ultimately those away fans can still see the game.

Incidentally, I’m extremely sick of the notion that away fans are the most ‘loyal’. There are a hell of a lot people in various industries who work weekends and give up a lot just to get to home games. It’s a totally flawed idea. In my case, I’m self-employed, Saturdays are the busiest day on a good rate so I sacrifice about £6000 a year just to be able to go to home games. Apparently I’m not loyal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sounds good. Sunday night TV is dull and almost everybody is at home. Huge audience + no competition = good idea. I'd happily watch a PL match every week at that time in exchange for having to go to the Amex once a season on a Sunday evening when it's our turn to fill the slot.
I’d rather watch a. Crystal Palace inspired descent rather than 3 elderly gentlemen descending down a hill in a bath tub

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
works for me - would likely get to more games - cant do 2pms

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I would be amazed if it impacts attendances. The ones who can't make it it will moan for a while and claim "soccer is dead" but then others will be able to go instead. Plus it's a better slot for the many more fans watching on TV. A balance has to be struck and if the stadiums are full it's not a problem.
If it is bad, the stand will be empty and things will change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here