Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton surpporters

New Brighton supporters? You've got about 20k new ones you since you moved to Amex :thumbsup:

The banter on here is funny when it comes to attendances, I guess it's one of the few things Brighton fans have over us. I can't argue with that, your following (home and away) is excellent and just goes to show what a new stadium does to entice new fans to a club but also brings back the stay away fans. I read a post yesterday somewhere that a Palace fan claimed that we had a 'better away' following...ours is good IMO, but I know Brighton take a lot and your distances to travel is further.

We find it hard to encourage new fans to Palace and have lost a lot over the years...having a really crap ground, over priced tickets, years of misery and having to compete in a catchment area of London where many football fans choose to follow other bigger London clubs. Brighton has a huge catchment area where no competition exists. Our policy is to attract kids to our games and hope they become die hards (and by the way the Groupon joke is very funny). Given the current team we have and this season we are competing for promotion, our gates are actually up but I am disappointed we are not hitting the 20k mark every game...but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Yet another Palace supporter who doesn't understand catchment areas :ffsparr:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To answer the original question. Yes. Classic example being this week. I forwarded on the club's email about Newcastle tickets being on general sale to a few friends. All of said they didn't realise that it was as easy to get tickets, thought they were selling out, or you had to be on the club's database to buy tickets. Five tickets have been sold as a result of me sending that email.

Just shows there is still more support out there if the club market it properly.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How do you feel when in the last decade or so when you've needed your fans the most but were getting tiny gates at the Withdean? Where has the extra 20k come from, which is a huge percentage increase by anyones standards? Are they all genuine fans? If you don't go up soon and your team regresses, do you think your crowds will drop?

The extra 20k, or a good percentage, are fans like me, a Goldstone season ticket holder who followed Albion away as well, onto Gillingham and to start with Withdean. After about 5 seasons of rushing around to finish work on a Saturday driving 40 miles to sit in Pouring rain at Withdean watching a rubbish team and costing me about 40 quid for the privalige i gave up and only went 2 or three times a year.....yes bad fan i know but the point is there are many like me. The Amex gives me a nice dry seat to watch a higher standard of football all at a cost of 40 quid a month ( this does not include Petrol, food drink ect).......four more of my mates i sit with have ST's who started to get "Withdean fatigue factor"
Yes we have picked up " Plastics" but we need them and they are welcome. IMHO around 80% of our fans are not new fans but old fans who have had their love of football and Albion rekindled.
Much as i dislike Palace they too would benefit from a new ground and yes i hate to say it, may get bigger gates than us. (MAY)
What no-one predicted was the size of the increase of our crowds or the apathy of the Palace fans since they rocketed to the top of this division.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget we often got over 15000 crowds in the old third div days at the Goldstone ,we have got a good catchment area I also think our exiles have got more engaged with the club?:albion2: it's a shame we having issues with the club on this chat site .
Lets have some good news. Please :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So, we've gone from someone hinting that they may have spare tickets for a game to a P*l*c* fan discussing their average gate. Weird!

Have they discussed their average settlement with creditors over the last 15 years too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here