Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] New Beatles single

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
It's certainly a much better way of ending things than the 95 releases (though I did think "Real Love" was quite a good song). It's alright, not absolutely wonderful. You could argue that McCartney is being too respectful of John Lennon: augmenting his song but not really changing anything or adding new sections.

The video is lovely and I think the song is much more emotional with that.

(Though I do suspect they have used the same technology to improve the 95 releases as well, which I bet will arrive anew in a few years.)
The video is a disgrace and shows no respect for the deceased's next ok kin.......................................................not as if McCartney and Ringo need the money !

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's not a bad song at all, and no point with comparisons with what the Stones are currently doing, nor what The Beatles did.
It's fine to like all of the above/some of the above/none of the above.
I fall into the first category (for my sins, of which there has been many, and hopefully many more to come).

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
It's not a bad song at all, and no point with comparisons with what the Stones are currently doing, nor what The Beatles did.
It's fine to like all of the above/some of the above/none of the above.
I fall into the first category (for my sins, of which there has been many, and hopefully many more to come).
Admit it.........................it's terrible, would there have been so much fuss if it had been released as a 'lost' Lennon song.......I doubt it.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Admit it.........................it's terrible, would there have been so much fuss if it had been released as a 'lost' Lennon song.......I doubt it.
No, it's not 'terrible', and yes, there certainly would have been as much 'fuss', if it had been a 'lost' Lennon song.
It's also fine if you hate it - I'm sure many do - as I'm sure many like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here