Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Finished The Diplomat which is from the writer/producer of The West Wing and Homeland. It is not the same quality as early Homeland I have not watched The West Wing. It's a half decent story with a good twist at the end, but has lots of unnecessary swearing, is rather unrealistic and is overly long (par for the course with Netflix). They could have done a lot more with it, but it passed the time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We are watching’You’ at the moment. Highly recommended. I won’t give the game away but it’s a great take on modern life and takes some very surprising turns. Only 4 episodes in to it so don’t give the game away if you’ve seen it ! I have my theories.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think I'm going to bin Netflix. I hardly ever find anything worth watching on it and the price just keeps creeping up without giving any benefits, not even 4K (unless I pay even more).

Other streaming services have much better content these days.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have BT TV. Anyone know if I can subscribe to Paramount without going via Prime, or do I have to subscribe to Prime and Paramount?
You can subscribe to paramount direct. https://www.paramountplus.com/

If you subscribe via prime I don't think the VPN route to watch football from australia works (it doesn't seem to for me, unless I'm doiing something wrong).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I'm going to bin Netflix. I hardly ever find anything worth watching on it and the price just keeps creeping up without giving any benefits, not even 4K (unless I pay even more).

Other streaming services have much better content these days.
I kicked NetFlix into touch about a month ago - haven't regretted it in the slightest.

It was amazingly straightforward too, a couple of clicks and your out whenever your next payment is due. So time it right and you'll get a final month to watch The Battered B**#£"ds of Baseball, one last time.

I moved over to Apple TV which is predominantly original content.

My plan is to switch between that at Paramount +, as and when, while keeping Prime.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Another one here who has fallen out of love with Netflix.

I just feel the overall quality of its catalogue has been on the decline for about five years.

There is definitely more of it, but there is soooooo much pap on there.

IMO you get more bangs for your bucks on Apple + or Now (if you don’t have Sky).

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
for people wanting to bin off Netflix youve obviously got the Kodi option . has everything but not the best interface etc. have a look at syncler. Same as Kodi but with much better UI

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck' was far more deep and dark than I was expecting. Based on a book by Mark Manson, and narrated by same, it's smartly filmed with more than a passing nod to Trainspotting, in particular Renton's Choose Life rant in the opening sequence. It's an extended essay on life, death and entitlement, and it's thoroughly entertaining. IMHO, like

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
'The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck' was far more deep and dark than I was expecting. Based on a book by Mark Manson, and narrated by same, it's smartly filmed with more than a passing nod to Trainspotting, in particular Renton's Choose Life rant in the opening sequence. It's an extended essay on life, death and entitlement, and it's thoroughly entertaining. IMHO, like
I read the book a few years ago, which was superb. I'll definitely give this a try!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
A German Tarantono...? Blood and Gold. It was enjoyable

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watched Nobody last night simply because it had Bob Odenkirk in it.

It passed an hour and a half. If you like violent films with lots of ridiculously over the top fight scenes then you'll love it. It's watchable but it could have been done so much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here