Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This looks good.

The Nurse, is based on a true story.

Pernille Kurzmann Larsen, a fresh-faced nurse at a hospital, begins to question the attention-seeking tendencies of her colleague, Christina Aistrup Hansen. As Pernille delves deeper into her suspicions, she starts to believe that Christina’s behavior may be linked to a series of patient deaths.

Thurs 27 April.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Really enjoying The Morning Show. Behind the scenes style drama about a TV programme and how everybody is crawling over each other to succeed. Stars Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure it's been about for a while and probably covered on here already, but I've just watched Flint Town.
Wow. I knew Detroit was f***ed up but I didn't quite realise how much. 98 police officers to police 100,000 citizens in the town of Flint, under funded, over worked, not given the equipment to do their jobs (at one point they had 4 squad cars and only 8 officers on patrol at night), even to the point where they trained citizens and swore them in as part time officers (quite alarming how they armed a 65 year old man who at one point, drew his pistol and instead of pulling the trigger, ejected the magazine. And he passed!) Dealing with arson, murder, drugs etc, a real eye opener to just how bad it is there. And they hadn't had clean water for years due to a massive poisoning cover up.
What a depressing and stressful place to live and work.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not listened to any of his music before, not really my thing, but mein gott that Lewis Capaldi film on Netflix is well worth a butchers, he’s absolutely unique and hilario (“Thanks, Nan...for errr dying”) :lolol: And his dad has no filter at all. 7.6/10

For anyone with Disney plus, the German version of ‘Your Honour’ (originally an Israeli series, the Yanks also remade it with Brian Cranston) is one of the best things made in years/decades imho. Six absolutely gripping episodes, very well acted and produced. 10/10

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Being a lusophile, I greatly enjoyed Gloria - a Cold War thriller set in the late 60s in a Portuguese radio broadcast station. If you know your Portuguese history, this was a crucial time as they were fighting civil wars in their African colonies, their version of Franco was still clinging onto power and the US was getting twitchy about the spread of communism in mainland Europe. Watch it on subtitles if you're trying to brush up on your Portuguese. In one of the episodes I was chuffed to recognise one of the characters saying Abracadabra which means Amazing. 😀

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Nobody is on there now and excellent. From the producers of John Wick, Bob Odenkirk action thriller but done very well with a lot more humour and thought than similar films and a great cast

My one issue is a Netflix issue where you don't seem to be able to have subtitles on for non English dialogue in majority English films without it being on the whole time

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Nobody is on there now and excellent. From the producers of John Wick, Bob Odenkirk action thriller but done very well with a lot more humour and thought than similar films and a great cast

My one issue is a Netflix issue where you don't seem to be able to have subtitles on for non English dialogue in majority English films without it being on the whole time
Just Watched , this evening , Loved it
music humour comedic gore
Fabulous

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Just Watched , this evening , Loved it
music humour comedic gore
Fabulous

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Probably mentioned previously
Lewis Capaldi how I’m feeling now
Seems very honest & humble
TBH who ? Like when substitute s are introduced
Never really had a clue WHO he is ?
But this is a nice feel good watch
Lad can sing 🎤

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Has long been an issue with Netflix. Strange as the original version in cinemas would have them...Great film btw.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here