Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] National alert on semi-final day!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford

In that our game is likely to be played on Sunday April 23rd, which has been announced as National Alert day, what will be the effect of tens of thousands of phones' alarms going off at once in the Wembley crowd? Will it happen just as someone is about to shoot, causing them to totally miscue? Or the keeper alarmed as he was about to make a stunning save? Or will the alarms happen throughout the game, spoiling the whole spectacle? Surely this needs to be discussed at the highest level!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That’s going to scare the sh1t out of some unsuspecting people. I know what it did to me when I was stuck in a hotel room at the start of the pandemic, to the extent I didn’t take in what the spoken message was!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Game Over Meme GIF by Travis

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

In that our game is likely to be played on Sunday April 23rd, which has been announced as National Alert day, what will be the effect of tens of thousands of phones' alarms going off at once in the Wembley crowd? Will it happen just as someone is about to shoot, causing them to totally miscue? Or the keeper alarmed as he was about to make a stunning save? Or will the alarms happen throughout the game, spoiling the whole spectacle? Surely this needs to be discussed at the highest level!
No need to worry phone reception at Wembley is dreadful. The panic will set in when we are on the way home and we all get pinged.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

get some help for overthinking

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
LOL. Are people really expecting this to work?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can it be disabled? I really don’t want a chilling government voice telling me half a centimetre of snow is about to fall on Newcastle.

How much have the government spent on this latest bit of wonky software designed to have us all scared and compliant.

I am strongly opposed to the government channeling their fear tactics through my phone. Although I’m sure they could access all my devices if they so wished.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Can it be disabled? I really don’t want a chilling government voice telling me half a centimetre of snow is about to fall on Newcastle.

How much have the government spent on this latest bit of wonky software designed to have us all scared and compliant.

I am strongly opposed to the government channeling their fear tactics through my phone. Although I’m sure they could access all my devices if they so wished.
From the link above

People who do not wish to receive the alerts will be able to opt out in their device settings, but officials hope the life-saving potential of the messages means that users will keep them on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It might not matter. They have to tell us which day it’s on first. Anyone got any info on that yet ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
**WARNING - DANGEROUS LEVELS OF #TeamsLikeBrighton INCOMING**

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

If on an IPhone:

- settings
- notifications
- (scroll to bottom) disable ‘emergency alerts’

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's the London marathon as well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If on an IPhone:

- settings