Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones interview

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Interesting but doesn’t really say anything new. Hopefully as he says he’ll learn from his time at Stoke and I wish him luck with being back at Luton but he might realise it’s not the same going back.

I almost wish he’d been given until the end of the season when Chris came in but accept the club felt it had to appoint someone of his calibre there and then.

Kudos for the honesty about his time with us. Fiercely competitive like he was on the pitch should bode well in the long run as a manager.

One for the future potentially?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taking the Stoke job suggests his reach exceeds his grasp.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Interesting but doesn’t really say anything new. Hopefully as he says he’ll learn from his time at Stoke and I wish him luck with being back at Luton but he might realise it’s not the same going back.

I almost wish he’d been given until the end of the season when Chris came in but accept the club felt it had to appoint someone of his calibre there and then.

Kudos for the honesty about his time with us. Fiercely competitive like he was on the pitch should bode well in the long run as a manager.

One for the future potentially?

No thanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was a no-brainer, he HAD to take that Stoke job, for his bank balance is nothing else. An opportunity at a decent sized club, big stadium, big crowds, passionate support, money to spend. Who wouldn't ?

But he was on a hiding to nothing. Former "big time" Premier League players in that failing dressing room would've looked young Jones up and down, and thought "Brighton and Luton ? Who the f**k are you then ?"

Doomed from the start.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was a no-brainer, he HAD to take that Stoke job, for his bank balance is nothing else. An opportunity at a decent sized club, big stadium, big crowds, passionate support, money to spend. Who wouldn't ?

But he was on a hiding to nothing. Former "big time" Premier League players in that failing dressing room would've looked young Jones up and down, and thought "Brighton and Luton ? Who the f**k are you then ?"

Doomed from the start.

Yep. I hope he gets his career back on track. He’ll be a better manager for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here