Nando's in Hove

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well said! As it's got quite popular, suddenly it's trendy to have a go at it. A tad pricey I think perhaps, but decent food and service - well in the MK one anyway.

Went for the first time pre Xmas and i was quite looking forward to it. The reality? Like every other chain restaurant appealing to the masses, it completely under delivered, end.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Las Iguanas, now if ever there was a bang average restaurant award this would be reigning champion. Always end up there for family functions and parties etc, shockingly average food for the price and rather tight portions.

It is what it is, and that's all that it is!!!! That applies to Nandos and KFC as well. Nobody is forced to eat at any of these places.

Everything has a time, a place and a price bracket. I'll never understand why people slag off a business that is catering for a specific market - if they weren't doing it very well they would simply go bust. As it is, all the restaurants mentioned seem to be doing a pretty bloody good job of selling food to people.

At the risk of repeating what TCB said, who is bang on as usual:

KFC - For when you're travelling, shopping or need something fast. I had one today for lunch from Cobham services and it was fine - juicy bit of chicken in a bun, £5.99 so can't complain.

Nandos - If you want something slightly better than fast food but still with the convenience factor and under £15 - shopping with the missus usually. Don't complain when you find out it's just a bit of chicken, that's what they sell!

Las Iguanas - Party restaurant to get pissed up in, great for birthdays, work dos, hen parties etc. Food is decent enough and reasonably priced for what it is - £20ish for a starter and main is smack-bang in the average price territory, if you want better than average food go to a non-chain restaurant that is more expensive! :shrug:

We're spoilt for choice for places to eat in this country, there's no excuse for complaining about anything other than food and service that isn't consistant with the price.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It is what it is, and that's all that it is!!!! That applies to Nandos and KFC as well. Nobody is forced to eat at any of these places.

Everything has a time, a place and a price bracket. I'll never understand why people slag off a business that is catering for a specific market - if they weren't doing it very well they would simply go bust. As it is, all the restaurants mentioned seem to be doing a pretty bloody good job of selling food to people.

At the risk of repeating what TCB said, who is bang on as usual:

KFC - For when you're travelling, shopping or need something fast. I had one today for lunch from Cobham services and it was fine - juicy bit of chicken in a bun, £5.99 so can't complain.

Nandos - If you want something slightly better than fast food but still with the convenience factor and under £15 - shopping with the missus usually. Don't complain when you find out it's just a bit of chicken, that's what they sell!

Las Iguanas - Party restaurant to get pissed up in, great for birthdays, work dos, hen parties etc. Food is decent enough and reasonably priced for what it is - £20ish for a starter and main is smack-bang in the average price territory, if you want better than average food go to a non-chain restaurant that is more expensive! :shrug:

We're spoilt for choice for places to eat in this country, there's no excuse for complaining about anything other than food and service that isn't consistant with the price.

Thanks for the advice, as I said I don't go there out of choice, only when it's been chosen as a venue for a party etc. I appreciate it's a chain ,this however isn't a good enough excuse to serve such under seasoned bland food. I'm guessing you like it which is why you've got your knickers in a knot?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thanks for the advice, as I said I don't go there out of choice, only when it's been chosen as a venue for a party etc. I appreciate it's a chain ,this however isn't a good enough excuse to serve such under seasoned bland food. I'm guessing you like it which is why you've got your knickers in a knot?

How have I possibly got my knickers in a knot??

You've missed the point of what I'm saying, of course I like it - you say that as if I'm supposed to not like it because it's very middle of the road. I also like some much better restaurants and some much worse ones.
It fits the bill if I want a £20 plate of food, and the food there is perfectly adequate for £20. If I went there expecting top notch food then I'd obviously be very disappointed.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How have I possibly got my knickers in a knot??

You've missed the point of what I'm saying, of course I like it - you say that as if I'm supposed to not like it because it's very middle of the road. I also like some much better restaurants and some much worse ones.
It fits the bill if I want a £20 plate of food, and the food there is perfectly adequate for £20. If I went there expecting top notch food then I'd obviously be very disappointed.
I appreciate it's all about opinions, but mine is that it does not represent good value for money. I agree it's not the most expensive restaurant but it's not the cheapest either. I've had some really poor offerings from L.I and that is what I have to base my opinion on. Sorry for the knickers in a knot comment, bit ott.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Surely what we need is one of these?

image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Where would you recommend which has superior food around the same price then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports