Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My concern after today

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Players and managers come and go. It's hardly a new phenomenon.

When De Zerbi moves on, maybe the person that replaces him is even better? :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching Sky this morning, discussing a possible investment into Spurs of 1 billion for a 25% stake.

M Utd and Liverpool up for sale and undoubtedly will result in huge investment.

Along with Citeh and Newcastle, Everton could be next being they are moving into a great new stadium.

The best of the rest, like us, have to be clever, trade our players and recruit well but there's now such a divide. To me there's now a ceiling to well run like ours to only perhaps upset the apple cart but never to fully progress without selling our soul, to a huge investor. We must be in the minds of these type of investors now. I'm sure Tony will rebuff such an approach.

If we do stay in and around our current position will there come a time we will have to increase our budget for wages to retain our best players? We are all waiting for Feb to come and the window shuts again. We all understand we need to sell to keep our bank balance in check and this is our current model.

There's a few clubs like West Ham, Villa and even Fulham that given their locations could possibly get huge investment, the so called top 6 rapidly becoming the top 8 or 9.

For now we are in dreamland.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What concerns me is the Bialsa at Leeds effect. Our style has become very high energy, lots of constant running at pace. There was widespread belief that such football tired the leeds players out. We should be ok this season because of the world cup break, but come next season it could become an issue (especially if we qualify for Europe).

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
What concerns me is the Bialsa at Leeds effect. Our style has become very high energy, lots of constant running at pace. There was widespread belief that such football tired the leeds players out. We should be ok this season because of the world cup break, but come next season it could become an issue (especially if we qualify for Europe).
Don't forget that we do sometimes virtually sit on the ball awaiting the press from our opponents which gives our players a welcome breather.:)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Back in the real world, most players will leave to massively enhance their earnings rather than just because they might get European football, which is of course something we are aiming for. Whilst achieving that is a possibility, what we can't do is match the wages. For a player with a limited career, signing a 4 year contract with a big 6 club is likely to double or even triple their current earnings. Who, realistically, is going to be able to turn that down.

Enjoy the moment and stop worrying about what may or may not be around the corner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here