Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Micheal Salisbury

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After cooling down, I do recall early in the season there being something said about refs not giving fouls if they felt the player went down too easily, could this be the reason for Mitoma and Dunk penalty decisions, both refs felt the players threw themselves?

Still wondering how a Tottenham player poking the ball with his hand is not a penalty though.

I think you'll find the reason is the same as the two you mentioned above. Sheer incompetence. Like how MacAllister's goal was given for handball when we can't see it hit his arm/hand.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Given the abundance of grey areas outlined here, has football been enhanced by the pursuit of the illusion that VAR will provide significantly more reliable/fair decisions? The delays VAR causes frequently undermine the emotional experience of fans in the ground and even watching on TV - an unacceptably heavy price to pay for a marginal increase in accuracy of certain decisions in certain elite level games.
Goal line technology gives an instant yes/no answer on a matter of fact and should stay, the rest of the technological 'assistance' should go.
In my view it would be a backward step to scrap VAR completely. It was brought in to overturn clear and obvious errors. If it had been used properly last Saturday we would have had 3 goals plus 2 penalties. If it was not there we would have had 2 goals and no penalties (Welbeck's goal allowed but not Mitoma's). I also believe that it should still be used to assess offsides but, again, the way it is used needs to be improved. Ask Dirty fans of a certain age whether they would have wanted Colin Tinkler to have VaR support for offside calls and you would get 100%yes.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
How the f@#£ is he still officiating games?

I think every club should have there say to allow 2 referees that can't officiate there games throughout the season.

Seems the only possible solution.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How the f@#£ is he still officiating games?

I think every club should have there say to allow 2 referees that can't officiate there games throughout the season.

Seems the only possible solution.
They seemed fairly adamant on the commentary that it was Gillett

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here