Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Motorbike/scooter servicing & MOT's

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dear nsc,

We've a scooter bought new just before the pandemic, which has been mothballed in our garage since Sept 21. It won't start ... a flat battery presumably.

Any garage recommendations please for servicing and carrying out an MOT, in the Brighton/Hove/Shoreham area?

Bikes of Brighton's phone number is no longer active!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
bikes of Brighton are at the the little industrial estate near Lidls Whitehawk James I think his name is I he's very good Theres another good one On the old shorehame road At Portslade also very good I dont think you will go far wrong using either of those two

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
KC Motorcycles in Hove. They are behind Tates at Southern Cross. They look after both my bikes, closed Mondays.
Wouldn’t touch Kev with a barge pole. Still lives off his Honda ‘Apprentice of the Year’ runners up award as though it is still relevant. Have seen him cut the wiring loom on a two year old bike to make an incorrect aftermarket ignition switch fit!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wouldn’t touch Kev with a barge pole. Still lives off his Honda ‘Apprentice of the Year’ runners up award as though it is still relevant. Have seen him cut the wiring loom on a two year old bike to make an incorrect aftermarket ignition switch fit!
So someone is still sore at not getting to the final, despite a few decades and 10,000 miles :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So someone is still sore at not getting to the final, despite a few decades and 10,000 miles :lolol:
Of course! (y)

Nah, have never turned a spanner after taking all day to do a service on a 600 Bandit!!! I was a bike salesman not a grease monkey :flypig:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Brighton Moto on Lewes Road. Bought ours from there, very knowledgeable in all things scooter, as you'd expect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dear nsc,

We've a scooter bought new just before the pandemic, which has been mothballed in our garage since Sept 21. It won't start ... a flat battery presumably.

Any garage recommendations please for servicing and carrying out an MOT, in the Brighton/Hove/Shoreham area?

Bikes of Brighton's phone number is no longer active!
@zefarelly is on his way to yours as we speak to get it running

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
bikes of Brighton are at the the little industrial estate near Lidls Whitehawk James I think his name is I he's very good Theres another good one On the old shorehame road At Portslade also very good I dont think you will go far wrong using either of those two
I remember a shop on London Road, near the viaduct, with this name from when i was a sixteen year-old with a DT50. This was almost 40 years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember a shop on London Road, near the viaduct, with this name from when i was a sixteen year-old with a DT50. This was almost 40 years ago.
I think that’s Brighton Bikes, a shop there and a workshop next to Marine Gate.

The shop telephone number appears dead now, but I met him at the workshop last week. Will probably get my son’s scooter to him at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here