Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MotoGP 2024

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
So, as an antidote to the unfortunate dullness of this era of F1, is anyone else watching the motorbikes?

Until a couple of years ago the Japanese manufacturers had reigned supreme, but Ducati have won two championships with Bagnaia, and KTM and Aprilia now appear the closest challengers. Honda and Yamaha are still fighting, but Suzuki has given up entirely and left the championship.

I’m very much liking the look of the new lad on the KTM - Acosta, I think he looks a proper racer.

Is anyone else watching? Or am I…

(For those who don’t know, it’s on TNT Sports and this weekend was the first race in the championship)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Was so into it when Rossi was there. His battles through the years were incredible.
Lost a bit of interest now but it’s a whole lot better than the sanitised F1 crap

chickens

Oct 12, 2022
There’s a few interesting dynamics atm. There’s the resurgence of the European teams, and there’s the fact that multi-championship winning rider Marc Marquez has jumped from the factory Honda team to ride for a satellite Ducati team, as Honda appear to have lost their way.

There’s also a rookie (Acosta) on a KTM who looks incredibly racy but burnt out his tyres early in this first race. There’s even a VR46 team running Ducati bikes, though they didn’t have their strongest race in Qatar.

I’ve noted that F1 is now relying on soap storylines to remain interesting. There’s some proper racing going on in MotoGP, with sprint races each Saturday and full races each Sunday.

Have a look at Di Giannantonio (for the VR46 team) coming off in the sprint race on Saturday and tell me these guys aren’t a cut above the F1 crew.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As usual, Moto3 was race of the day. Moto2 better than average.

I'm rooting for Brad Binder this season. Pedro Acosta had a fine debut.

chickens

Oct 12, 2022
As usual, Moto3 was race of the day. Moto2 better than average.

I'm rooting for Brad Binder this season. Pedro Acosta had a fine debut.

I really like the look of Acosta, though I think I want Martin to clinch the title this year. I’ve never liked Binder, but I really don’t know why.

Aleix Espargaro on the Aprilia is my outside shout, he just seems to have worked so hard to drag Aprilia forward over so many seasons, he has really earned any success that comes his way.

Anyway, thread started and open for anyone who fancies contributing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here