• All of the above

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
'Can I get?'... No you Fvcking cannot! I get paid to get whatever it is for you sir. Now take it and p1ss off back to sh1thurst!

Why do people ever use this phrase?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
'Can I get?'... No you Fvcking cannot! I get paid to get whatever it is for you sir. Now take it and p1ss off back to sh1thurst!

Why do people ever use this phrase?

I have started hearing younger tradesman in builders and plumbers merchants saying " can I get? " when asking for materials, I have to bite my tongue :glare: I would be telling them if I worked there though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“Oh, do me a favour”.

Another latent angry comment from posters who can’t hack someone disagreeing with them.

Sometimes followed by “I think we should meet to discuss this further”.

[I admit not really irritating, but incredibly funny to see a knuckle-dragger unveil their limited debating skills].

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
When people say "in and of itself" instead of simply "in itself". I still don't know if it even makes sense. You would never simply say "of itself" like you would "in itself" which is a good indicator that the phrase is completely nonsensical.

I think "in and of itself" is used by those who want what they are saying to have extra gravitas and appear more intellectual and insightful than it actually is. My theory is based on the fact that my sister frequently uses that expression and she deludedly and arrogantly believes she is the intellectual superior of everyone else.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Up close and personal.

Fine as a film title but now used far too often by lazy TV presenters.

"Later in the show, Matt goes skin diving and gets up close and personal with a jellyfish and Michelle gets up close and personal with Vicky from Hollyoaks."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Don't go away" - used by presenters immediately before a programme is interrupted by adverts.

I haven't gone away.

They have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here