• Scott McTominay (Man Utd)

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • Zaha (Crystal P*lace)

Votes: 45 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Late entry for Allerdyce, who I thought had been finally consigned to the dinosaur realm. But no, he's back 🧌

gabrielnrg

Jan 21, 2023
Richarlison you say?

'Richarlison – or the Pigeon, as fans know him, thanks to his avian-style celebrations – is by far the most progressive member of Brazil’s seleção. In recent years, as his homeland fell under the control of Bolsonaro’s far-right administration, Richarlison has repeatedly spoken out on topics such as racism, poverty, police and gender violence, LGBTQ+ rights and environmental destruction.

He questioned how Brazil’s yellow jersey had been dragged into the country’s political dispute, and adopted a jaguar to highlight the threats to Brazil’s Pantanal wetlands.

When the British journalist Dom Phillips and Brazilian Indigenous expert Bruno Pereira vanished in the Amazon in June, Richarlison was one of the first celebrities to champion the campaign to try to find them.

During Brazil’s devastating coronavirus emergency – which Bolsonaro called a “little flu” – Richarlison publicly backed vaccination efforts that the science-denying president had actively undermined.

“He’s not only a star on the pitch, he’s a star off it too,” said the favela activist Rene Silva, remembering how Richarlison donated oxygen cylinders to the Amazon city of Manaus when its healthcare system buckled during the pandemic.

Neymar however...'alienated millions of progressive Brazilians by supporting Bolsonaro’s failed re-election bid and then promising to dedicate his first World Cup goal to him. Other players, including the defender Dani Alves, have also backed Bolsonaro'.

Yesss! this is outstanding considering how few players dare to talk politics in this sick world. I can barely think on 5 or 6 that are as frontal as Richaliison, most of them prefer to be remain silent infront of the worlds injustices.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've selected 15 of the most-nominated.

It's a tough choice, I know, so you can pick up to THREE.

Shout out to those who just missed out this time, including Gareth Southgate, Sergio Ramos, John McGinn, Luke Ayling, Joey Barton, Erling Haaland, Pep Guardiola, Eddie Howe, Cristian Romero, Stuart Attwell, Phil Foden, Neil Maupay, Michael Beale, John Terry etc etc. Mason Greenwood will get this own special prize.

(* Restricted further because some of you were struggling)
Top work.

Happy that I have voted for who looks likely to be the winner.

I'd love it if he attempts an off the ball assault later today, slips, and does himself a season-curtailing injury, while the attempted assaultee trots on and sets up a match-winning goal.

Scrub that. I hope he is not subjected to curses, said with a Kevin Keegan accent, and manages to do his family proud. And that. Sometime in the future. Where? Over there.

:thumbsup:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
If I were trying to consider this objectively, I'm pretty sure I'd have voted for Zouma.
But I'm not, so I voted for Fernandes.
Whilst I am an absolute cat person and think the Zouma incident was awful, it isn't in the same ball park as the legal battles that the other two have fought during their careers.

But Fernandes is, on the field at least, about as annoying as they come.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Whilst I am an absolute cat person and think the Zouma incident was awful, it isn't in the same ball park as the legal battles that the other two have fought during their careers.

But Fernandes is, on the field at least, about as annoying as they come.
I don't disagree with any of that, but if I'm attempting to be "objective", which we've already established I'm not but whatever, then the key point for me is that Zouma was definitely guilty of the things he was accused of.
Which is just a comment on the legal position, not on any of the allegations involved.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
If the poll had been open a few hours longer I reckon Antony might have made a late surge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here