Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] More Garth Crooks wisdom

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
'What a pity Chelsea couldn't summon the effort or have the will to do what a side like Chelsea should have done and knock Brighton out of the park. They beat Spurs but let the game they really should have won slip away.'

.. a side like Chelsea .. teams like Brighton .. 'pundits' like Crooks ..

He's actually managing to get worse ..

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But in fairness, their game against us was well past the Chelsea players' bedtimes, and they were very very very tired.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But I’m fairness, their game against us was well past their bedtimes, and they were very very very tired.

Both of them! Who would have thought it? lucky they got over their tiredness for the Spurs game. Maybe they need a bigger and more expensive squad to compete again #teamslikebrighton.

I really don't know how these massive rich clubs manage to compete in the modern game, they are ****ing troopers!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chelsea had both the will and effort, they simply were not allowed to execute any of their plans. Why is the BBC ‘team of the week’ picked by a guy who watches very few of the weekly matches and is unaware of most of the players outside the big six? Does he own the concept or something? The BBC try and keep him at arms-length in the rest of their output!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Chelsea had both the will and effort, they simply were not allowed to execute any of their plans. Why is the BBC ‘team of the week’ picked by a guy who watches very few of the weekly matches and is unaware of most of the players outside the big six? Does he own the concept or something? The BBC try and keep him at arms-length in the rest of their output!

It's not just him to be fair.

When Carragher and Neville each did their Team of the Season last year it was basically full of City and Liverpool. Maybe one United player slipped through.

You wonder just how well players from other clubs have to perform to get noticed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's not just him to be fair.

When Carragher and Neville each did their Team of the Season last year it was basically full of City and Liverpool. Maybe one United player slipped through.

You wonder just how well players from other clubs have to perform to get noticed.
TBF, if you are picking a team of the season you'd expect most of the players picked to be from the teams that finished in the top two or three.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course they do! They have a schedule to run to - they can't just let programmes over-run to give him time to finish his rambling pontifications about - well, about whatever it was - nobody would remember what it started about by the time he'd finished anyway. And he almost certainly wouldn't either.......... ... ..................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess we're just going to gloss over the fact that he's right and stick with the:-

'Crooks knows nothing' mantra.

If you're triggered by that, Garth Crooks isn't the pundit for you.

Begging the question:-
why are you still paying attention to his output?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I guess we're just going to gloss over the fact that he's right and stick with the:-

He's not though, is he? It's only a 'pity' that the team didn't 'knock Brighton out of the park' if you're a Chelsea fan.

Otherwise it's merely 'strange', 'baffling' or... just the way football goes sometimes – given that any team can beat any other team ON THEIR DAY.

Crooks is a numpty stealing a living with his 'team of the week' guff.

And no, I'm not 'triggered' by him, I just find his take on a lot of Brighton-related matters very strange. And at odds with most other 'pundits' out there. I wouldn't say he knows 'nothing', either. Because he's not exactly backwards in coming forwards about how much he DOES (claim to) know.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Both of them! Who would have thought it? lucky they got over their tiredness for the Spurs game. Maybe they need a bigger and more expensive squad to compete again #teamslikebrighton.

I really don't know how these massive rich clubs manage to compete in the modern game, they are ****ing troopers!

2 days off has obviously worked wonders. They needed it after chasing shadows the previous game maybe.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I could do his "job" for half the money

Trouble is, being a cluless twunt drags more people in than just stating facts, wheres the controversy in that ? its about as interesting as an honest hard working MP. ( I think such a thing exists, somewhere. )

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Trouble is, being a cluless twunt drags more people in than just stating facts, wheres the controversy in that ? its about as interesting as an honest hard working MP. ( I think such a thing exists, somewhere. )

I came to the conclusion years ago that he was an irrelevant pundit who steals a living. The same applies to John Barnes. If it still gripes you then don't click on the link and you won't be feeling any worse for it. For what it's worth I have also started to shy away from Lawro's predictions too.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sorry but 'Garth Crooks' and 'wisdom' go together like a Big Mac and a bottle of Château Lafite Rothschild.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Well, as licence-payers, we're funding his drivel.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
The guy is clueless, was there a better performance than Lampteys, I don't think so

But Lamptey is ex-Chelsea.

Which probably goes to prove his point. If he had one that anyone understood or cared about.

Or maybe it disproves his point. Who cares?

We got a point. Great.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Garth Crooks? That windbag? Isn't he still in the middle of a question that he started asking Sven Goran Eriksson in 2002?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here