Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Monday night football

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My boss put in a meeting about an hour ago for 5.45 - 6.45 to accommodate his boss in the States. I have just declined it and will no doubt get a bit of grief over the next couple of days for doing so. Never happens at a weekend!
I declined a 3pm meeting invite today. I can't believe they didn't realise it was 8pm UK time and Brighton were playing.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Got a proper result on my Thameslink from Bedford. Had a ticket specifically for the 9.59 from Bedford to Brighton. Realised there would be storm problems, so got the train 30 minutes earlier. No-one minded. Then the train I was on accelerated to regain schedule, so only stopped at Luton, St Pancras, East Croydon and Gatwick. End result, got to Brighton 65 minutes before I expected to. Then later, sat in a pub, get a text from Trainline saying the 9.59 train (that I was booked on) arrived more than 30 minutes late so they would refund half of my ticket. So, an hour early, a really fast trip, and a 50% refund.

Now, a 3 goal win please, thank you!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As others have said, Monday night is a terrible night for football all round. It exists purely for the benefit of the broadcasters, not the fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think a lot of our ST holders travel a long distance from Sussex, not feasible for many to get home at 1am or later on a school night.
3.30am once. The road closures can sometimes prevent going north and west, which just about everywhere else in the UK is from Brighton….(Highways agency don’t seem to coordinate, just like Southern Fail…there’s a theme here isn’t there, transport eh?!)

The Amex is one of THE worst grounds to get into and away from as has been said numerous times before. But especially on week nights, it’s a bloody nightmare at best of times without the weather contributing to problems.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone further than 15 miles from Brighton then midweek games are a massive ball ache - especially if you work !

Tv was appealing but done too many of those midweeks so I’m putting myself at southerns disposable and accepting tomorrow will be knackered

I fully understand no shows and early leavers mid week . Let alone Monday

Monday night is a disgusting time for football unless watching on tv

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
You’re gonna have to copy and paste all this in to the inevitable “why so many empty seats tonight” thread that will spring up by the ‘super fans’. And yes I’m not going cos I can’t be f***ed.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Got a proper result on my Thameslink from Bedford. Had a ticket specifically for the 9.59 from Bedford to Brighton. Realised there would be storm problems, so got the train 30 minutes earlier. No-one minded. Then the train I was on accelerated to regain schedule, so only stopped at Luton, St Pancras, East Croydon and Gatwick. End result, got to Brighton 65 minutes before I expected to. Then later, sat in a pub, get a text from Trainline saying the 9.59 train (that I was booked on) arrived more than 30 minutes late so they would refund half of my ticket. So, an hour early, a really fast trip, and a 50% refund.

Now, a 3 goal win please, thank you!
You could make that into a second career 😀

el punal

Lots of lurgey around. Jan is an expensive month.
The ”lurgey” bit is affecting me. I’ve got a chest infection but was going to the match with a friend who was doing the driving. He phoned me to say he’s unwell and can’t make it. The end result - no lift, no go. And it’s true, Monday night is an absolute shit night to go and watch football. Bad fan me. punish:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
someone's picked up my ticket, which I wasn't expecting as the number of available tickets has gone up since i put it on the exchange.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1705950768173.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On reflection it doesn’t have a single redeeming feature, and I’m adding Monday night football to things I’d ban if I ruled the country. It’s right up there with farting in lifts and sweetcorn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here