Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Not ignoring those bits, but we all know TB is under no pressure to sell...

I just don't understand where the figure has come from - £75m has probably just been made up by the journalist
I know mate. I guess like everyone else I just find the whole speculation and hysteria around it irritating and it gets worse without balance. I hope that TB recognises that there is no amount that a) helps us right now or b) won't be the same or more in a few months.

It's literally the best season we've ever had and the next 4/5 months are crucial to how it pans out. If we can't pay it forward just by a few months now when can we.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Two years remaining on a players contract is seen as when a player has the most value. Next summer he will go to a Champions League club that will pay a life changing signing on fee to him and his agent and also increase his current salary multiples times more than we are paying or can pay.

Anyone with an understanding of football knows that that is how it works. In a nutshell, he's off in the summer.
In the meantime we can all enjoy around 20 more games of watching the best midfield we've ever had and are quite likely ever to have.

Let's all just absorb and enjoy the wonderful few months ahead. There's a good chance it's not always going to be this exciting.
Correct. Not sure we can say 'he's a replacement for Biss so the system means he needs to stay and we should up his money'. He's shaping up to be a once a decade type talent. Victims of our own success in a way.

I'd love it if we could piggy back off Mac and Moises" talents to get into Europe this season and then sell and rebuild central mid in the summer whilst keeping everyone else together. Would be a pretty decent outcome with loads of memories in the bank and some future European ones waiting for the future.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this will define our ambition to step up to the next level.

if he is sold, irrespective who can step into his shoes, I think it will add to the feelings around other clubs that we are a develop and sell players club.

I really hope I am wrong and TB tells them all to foxtrot Oscar,

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

if he is sold, irrespective who can step into his shoes, I think it will add to the feelings around other clubs that we are a develop and sell players club.

What would you say if they offered us 500 million?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As our replacement for Bissouma, we need to keep him for a season to bed in another. However, every player has a price, the club would probably be tempted with a £60M bid?
Not enough unless Colwill is in the deal... still would be low though.

Which is the truth...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Two years remaining on a players contract is seen as when a player has the most value. Next summer he will go to a Champions League club that will pay a life changing signing on fee to him and his agent and also increase his current salary multiples times more than we are paying or can pay.

Anyone with an understanding of football knows that that is how it works. In a nutshell, he's off in the summer.
In the meantime we can all enjoy around 20 more games of watching the best midfield we've ever had and are quite likely ever to have.

Let's all just absorb and enjoy the wonderful few months ahead. There's a good chance it's not always going to be this exciting.
I understand how it works & he’s not definitely off in the Summer. Everyone said exactly the same as this with Biss and he was with us a good 2 years more…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently we rejected a £55 million bid from Chelsea this week, according to transfer guru on radio 5. Two minutes ago.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We are not peaking at the moment, we are definitely improving and are aiming to be better game by game. Don’t forget that we have some unbelievably talented young players who have only recently broken into the first team. This is what makes it so exciting to watch the Albion at present - knowing that this wonderful bunch will mature and be something special in the future.
We are at 60% according to deZerbi's presser...wow, he aims high 👍

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I understand how it works & he’s not definitely off in the Summer. Everyone said exactly the same as this with Biss and he was with us a good 2 years more…
Your reply surprises me Sheebo. I think you may be wearing blue tinted specs.
He's as certain to go as Declan Rice is from West Ham. You cannot swerve market forces. Keep him for another year after the summer and he's worth half the price. Unfortunately we can't ignore that size of depreciation.
TB will be thinking he can cover the cost of 4 new signings if he sells at the right time.
I'm sure there isn't a Brighton fan who wouldn't want him to stay and lead us into Europe.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Correct. Not sure we can say 'he's a replacement for Biss so the system means he needs to stay and we should up his money'. He's shaping up to be a once a decade type talent. Victims of our own success in a way.

I'd love it if we could piggy back off Mac and Moises" talents to get into Europe this season and then sell and rebuild central mid in the summer whilst keeping everyone else together. Would be a pretty decent outcome with loads of memories in the bank and some future European ones waiting for the future.
I wouldn't love it as much - get into Europe with these 2 immense players, sell them both in the summer..... and then the possibility of floundering in Europe and a relegation battle due to the effect of the extra games and travel with a thin squad (most small clubs have really struggled with the league while in Europe).

I would much rather win the FA Cup with Mac and Moises and then sell them in the summer. If you're giving a choice, like. Want that one.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I wouldn't love it as much - get into Europe with these 2 immense players, sell them both in the summer..... and then the possibility of floundering in Europe and a relegation battle due to the effect of the extra games and travel with a thin squad (most small clubs have really struggled with the league while in Europe).

I would much rather win the FA Cup with Mac and Moises and then sell them in the summer. If you're giving a choice, like. Want that one.
Winning the FA cup gets you into Europe

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Winnig the FA Cup gives us entry to ........ what? - the CL or the Europa? I agree it would be horrible to go and flounder in either of these competitions without the best CM pairing we've every had - but could that possibly be just enough of a bait to keep them here one more season? After all, so what if Caicedo's price drops by £20M when he has only 1 year left.
Getting the money in is an important part of 'The Plan', for sure - but somewhere there has to be a balance between that and success.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree with all that, apart from the fact that Moises and Mac aren't just the best midfield we'll have, they're the best CM duo in the world currently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here