Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo and Alexis MacAllister nominated for PL Young Player of the Year

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As much as you want fans involved in things like this, these awards have very little to do with who actually deserves to win it from the nominees. Fans just vote for the player from their own team, so bigger the team the more chance the player wins.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's a shame Haaland is in this category.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As much as you want fans involved in things like this, these awards have very little to do with who actually deserves to win it from the nominees. Fans just vote for the player from their own team, so bigger the team the more chance the player wins.

Moot point when there is Erling Haaland on the list (I voted for Caicedo also and given his age, experience and contribution he would be a deserved winner).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Moot point when there is Erling Haaland on the list (I voted for Caicedo also and given his age, experience and contribution he would be a deserved winner).
Haaland is also on the Player of the Year poll. He has two chances.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does this mean that none of our players will be nominated in the player of the season category?
Haaland is named in both.

The POTY vote is
De Bruyne
Haaland
Kane
Odegaard
Rashford
Saka
Trippier

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
True, but I think the panel votes dominate

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I mean, it's Haaland.

If you're nominated for the senior award you shouldn't be in the young one imo.

Also ally Mac is 24. Isn't that a bit old for young player?
He was 23 on the qualifying date.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I mean, it's Haaland.

If you're nominated for the senior award you shouldn't be in the young one imo.

Also ally Mac is 24. Isn't that a bit old for young player?
But what if you’re only just on the list for the senior award and destined to be nowhere near winning it? It would seem odd to be excluded from the young player award.

However, if Haaland wins both it will seem a bit pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here