Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohamed Camara

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
(couldn't find any existing threads, so could mods please merge if such a thread does exist)

could be a goer according to the athletic...

[tweet]1542097153547505666[/tweet]

EDIT: just realised I haven't even posted the mandatory 'skills and goal' compilation yet, apologies

https://youtu.be/OjsbL8NizSc

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Screenshot_2022-06-29-12-02-05-400_com.theathletic.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've not seen any credible reporting that shows that Albion are keen on this player. but keen to be corrected.

Re: The Athletic column this morning making a reference to his "Albion move". The blurb for the column. "Its a fantasy, but a fun one" is a big clue here i'd say.
tifofantasy.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
(couldn't find any existing threads, so could mods please merge if such a thread does exist)

could be a goer according to the athletic...

[tweet]1542097153547505666[/tweet]
No existing thread, but this transfer was discussed a little on the Bissouma thread.

The only doubt I have is that an "ITK" twitter account said this transfer would all be decided last week. Now the account is groundhog daying it and saying it'll be this week. Sounding a bit like a broken record but you never know...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've not seen any credible reporting that shows that Albion are keen on this player. but keen to be corrected.

Re: The Athletic column this morning making a reference to his "Albion move". The blurb for the column. "Its a fantasy, but a fun one" is a big clue here i'd say.
View attachment 149233

So the article is a regular feature where they analyse the team/squad weakness of a club and suggest potential signings?

What is the significance of saying Camara looks like he is off to Brighton if there's no link? If it's fantasy and about possible signings why rule one out for no reason?

I'm not saying we are or aren't in for Camara - I have absolutely no idea - I'm just struggling to understand why they've randomly mentioned him coming to us.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No existing thread, but this transfer was discussed a little on the Bissouma thread.

The only doubt I have is that an "ITK" twitter account said this transfer would all be decided last week. Now the account is groundhog daying it and saying it'll be this week. Sounding a bit like a broken record but you never know...

The account that is pushing it is the same one who pushed Mwepu.

However after he claimed Mwepu it turns out there were other places who had already claimed we were signing him, and he then pivoted from a Red Bull ITK to a Brighton ITK (because he got more retweets that way) and got 3/4 transfers wrong, including Luis Diaz. It’s also worth noting that if you were going to make up a rumour around Mo Camara then the two teams who’d make the most sense are

1) The club who just lost their first choice holding midfielder and who have done transfer business with them last summer
2) The club who just lost their first choice holding midfielder and have the former Salzburg manager in charge

Well you could argue that adds the rumour credence, it stinks to me of someone seeing 2+2 and rolling a dice in the hopes it’ll give them the answer. Salzburg play their first friendly later today, the ITK account pushing this rumour has said he won’t play as he’s deciding where to go to. I’m waiting until then before getting excited.

Edit: In fact, if he doesn’t play today I won’t be convinced. He was away with Mali for a while so he might not even be back in pre-season training yet, in the same way Caicedo, Mwepu etc aren’t

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So the article is a regular feature where they analyse the team/squad weakness of a club and suggest potential signings?

What is the significance of saying Camara looks like he is off to Brighton if there's no link? If it's fantasy and about possible signings why rule one out for no reason?

I'm not saying we are or aren't in for Camara - I have absolutely no idea - I'm just struggling to understand why they've randomly mentioned him coming to us.

There have been rumours linking us to him. Although as my message above this one goes in to, I’m not entirely sure they can be seen as reliable. Tifo; who wrote that article, are excellent at what they do - but what they do is not transfer

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The account that is pushing it is the same one who pushed Mwepu.

However after he claimed Mwepu it turns out there were other places who had already claimed we were signing him, and he then pivoted from a Red Bull ITK to a Brighton ITK (because he got more retweets that way) and got 3/4 transfers wrong, including Luis Diaz. It’s also worth noting that if you were going to make up a rumour around Mo Camara then the two teams who’d make the most sense are

1) The club who just lost their first choice holding midfielder and who have done transfer business with them last summer
2) The club who just lost their first choice holding midfielder and have the former Salzburg manager in charge

Well you could argue that adds the rumour credence, it stinks to me of someone seeing 2+2 and rolling a dice in the hopes it’ll give them the answer. Salzburg play their first friendly later today, the ITK account pushing this rumour has said he won’t play as he’s deciding where to go to. I’m waiting until then before getting excited.

Edit: In fact, if he doesn’t play today I won’t be convinced. He was away with Mali for a while so he might not even be back in pre-season training yet, in the same way Caicedo, Mwepu etc aren’t

well he was due to back for preseason training
by now, but he's been excused as you've mentioned. exactly the same thing that happened with mwepu

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Original sauce is someone with 800 followers, and couple people jumped on it.

Let’s see..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here