Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Jakub not being in any photos could mean he's had an injury set back. But it could just as easily mean that we've given up on the slim hopes of him featuring this season and decided we may as well send him home.

We'll know after the first couple of pre season games. If the lad is featuring in some capacity, it will be like having that new signing back. If not, then it will be a year and a half out and at that point alarm bells start to ring. The chances of an Izquierdo type situation become quite high.
I wouldn't align Moder's current situation with Izquierdo. Izquierdo had an unusual knee injury, whereas Moder ruptured(?) his ACL. This is a standard injury where there's much medical evidence on recovery, and a return to the top level. Solly did his c8 years ago, and look how he's performed since -- and Solly is a better comparator.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wouldn't align Moder's current situation with Izquierdo. Izquierdo had an unusual knee injury, whereas Moder ruptured(?) his ACL. This is a standard injury where there's much medical evidence on recovery, and a return to the top level. Solly did his c8 years ago, and look how he's performed since -- and Solly is a better comparator.
Yeh, we both hope for the same outcome here i'm sure. I suppose the concern is that if an injury, whatever injury, takes more than 18 months to come back from, then the chances of full recovery become smaller. If it goes on for 2 years. Well I can't think of a single player who has been out for that long as was then able to perform at the same level after.

We're not there yet of course, but if he's not played in pre season and in the autumn he's not featuring and there are talks of persistent set backs and generally ambiguous club statements, then that won't look good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey you lot, saying 'there's plenty of reasons why not' and then listing half a dozen negative ones doesn't really help.

Getting all pissypants over preseason is insane!!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Tin hat on here but I don’t think even a fully fit Moder gets much gametime next season. He may have suited Potters formation, but looking at his attributes I just don’t seem him fitting an RDZ system. I’m also not sure he is the quality we need going forward beyond maybe a squad filler for when the squad gets stretched.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tin hat on here but I don’t think even a fully fit Moder gets much gametime next season. He may have suited Potters formation, but looking at his attributes I just don’t seem him fitting an RDZ system. I’m also not sure he is the quality we need going forward beyond maybe a squad filler for when the squad gets stretched.
Well, if we get into Europe, we'll need some of those as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and I think that's bollox 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moder would've spent a lot of time on the classroom over the last 9 months. Understanding RDZs tactics, learning where he's expected to be, what he is expected to do on and off the field. He's clearly an intelligent player, so although this doesn't make up for playing time he will have learnt A LOT. If he can regain fitness I have no doubt he can contribute to the first team. He seemed our most intelligent player after Gross and AL pre injury. Guaranteed he's spent a lot of time talking to AL too. Seems silly but thats all really important.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can't see RDZ making any use of a 24 year old central midfielder who is six foot three, is experienced at playing in a double pivot, can also play, left or right, and in a defensive or attacking role. Especially one who can pass with both feet, is good in the air, likes a shot from distance, has Europa League experience, as well as 40 games in the EPL, and who if not for injury, would have been a definite starter at the World Cup.

I should think you would put a tin hat on. :ROFLMAO:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yeh, we both hope for the same outcome here i'm sure. I suppose the concern is that if an injury, whatever injury, takes more than 18 months to come back from, then the chances of full recovery become smaller. If it goes on for 2 years. Well I can't think of a single player who has been out for that long as was then able to perform at the same level after.

We're not there yet of course, but if he's not played in pre season and in the autumn he's not featuring and there are talks of persistent set backs and generally ambiguous club statements, then that won't look good.

The same Moder who often kept Ali Mac out of the team before his injury? Sure.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can't see RDZ making any use of a 24 year old central midfielder who is six foot three, is experienced at playing in a double pivot, can also play, left or right, and in a defensive or attacking role. Especially one who can pass with both feet, is good in the air, likes a shot from distance, has Europa League experience, as well as 40 games in the EPL, and who if not for injury, would have been a definite starter at the World Cup.

:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but apart from that, what he has ever done for us....?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The same Moder who often kept Ali Mac out of the team before his injury? Sure.
I make no negative comment about his ability. I think he's a decent player with similar attributes to Ali mac.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moder was a quality player for us. If we do lose both Mac and Caicedo then the pain of their loss would be partly mitigated if Moder can come in and perform at the same level as before. I'm looking forward to having him back.

Yoda

English & European
Coming back from an injury like that will require a lot of work on all key areas. Movement/mobility, fitness, impact, strength just being a few. Wouldn't be surprised after coming through what he has been doing unscathed, he has moved onto another of those areas. Possibly strength and he's stuck indoors in the gym while the camera is outside.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Moder is a classic RDZ player - intelligent. When you look at our squad it is not just footballing skills, they are a highly football intelligent bunch. Just look at the players Potter culled. If he can get back to full fitness, he'll be in the match day squad.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

I should think you would put a tin hat on. :ROFLMAO:
I very much hope I am wrong and you are right but I don’t see it. He isn’t robust or mobile enough to play the Caicedo/Alexis role, and to be fair that’s not his game. We now play with proper wingers which he definitely isn’t and we have far more gifted number tens and that also isn’t his position.

You are right RDZ will find use for him but I don’t think he will be a regular starter for us going forward.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well if we're playing speculation.

He had an outside chance of getting some game time this season so was briefly training with 1st team.
Had a minor niggle, enough that he's definitely not getting any minutes this season.
His whole recovery plan is now rejigged to be ready to take part in pre season training.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I very much hope I am wrong and you are right but I don’t see it. He isn’t robust or mobile enough to play the Caicedo/Alexis role, and to be fair that’s not his game. We now play with proper wingers which he definitely isn’t and we have far more gifted number tens and that also isn’t his position.

You are right RDZ will find use for him but I don’t think he will be a regular starter for us going forward.
I’m sure you realise that Caicedo and Alexis have quite different roles? Whilst both members of the double pivot, Caicedo has been banned from the opposition’s penalty area by RDZ because he has to protect the back two whilst both full backs and his double pivot partner are mucking about around the opposing goal.

I agree with you about the Caicedo role but Moder can absolutely excel alongside a Caicedo style player in an RDZ lopsided double pivot or as a number 10. In short, I’m not sure what Mac can do that Moder won’t (under RDZ’s close tutelage) be able to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here