Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Most Polish fans I know are expecting the national team to be built round him. They rate him that highly out there. Rightly or wrongly, they also suggest that his rehab would have been quicker out there than in the UK. They claim that their sports science and medical back-up is superior. Personally, I have no evidence, one way or the other.
According to Polish media, he wanted to do his rehab back in Poland. Brighton weren't thrilled but allowed it... until his setback.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most Polish fans I know are expecting the national team to be built round him. They rate him that highly out there. Rightly or wrongly, they also suggest that his rehab would have been quicker out there than in the UK. They claim that their sports science and medical back-up is superior. Personally, I have no evidence, one way or the other.
Given his set back occurred during his rehab in Poland… unlikelyl

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Surely when you bring players back from injury you give them some game time to get them ready for the challenges of the Premier League. Often they get some minutes in the cup games that don't mean so much. If only we had a cup competition coming up to let Moder play in. 😁

How much if any time he gets this season depends upon:
a) whether he comes through a few U21 games ok
b) where we are in the league in a few weeks time. Still fighting for CL /Europa League? Or starting to drift out to 8th or 9th. If by the end of the season there isn't much to play for then he'll probably get some time. If we are in 4-6th place, he probably won't get much time.
c) injuries/suspensions. If we lose 2 or 3 midfielders all at the same time (possible with our schedule of games) he may get a chance.
And of course he might get a place on the bench at the beginning of June so he can pick up an FA Cup winners 🥇

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I worked in the medical field in Poland for years upto 2008 and they were DECADES behind the UK then. Yes I'm 15 years behind, but the country is skint and has next to no money to throw at medical research/ development with all the best talent leaving the country to earn 2-5x the wages in Europe or the USA

Considering the hundreds of millions thrown around in the EPL, I doubt that there's many places with better equipment and skilled practitioners than BHA readily available.

So, they're full of it IMO.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does anyone know/remember where Moder's best position is? I've got him as an advanced midfielder/winger in my head - so one of the 3 in De Zerbi's 4-2-3-1.

Is that right? Can he play deeper as part of the two? I have a memory like a sieve. I remember liking him and him getting into good goal scoring positions(and inevitably missing - it was our m.o under potter after all) but I can't remember if he had a settled position.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Does anyone know/remember where Moder's best position is? I've got him as an advanced midfielder/winger in my head - so one of the 3 in De Zerbi's 4-2-3-1.

Is that right? Can he play deeper as part of the two? I have a memory like a sieve. I remember liking him and him getting into good goal scoring positions(and inevitably missing - it was our m.o under potter after all) but I can't remember if he had a settled position.
He was definitely versatile and played holding midfield, attacking midfield and even wingback (and all very well, I might add).

I’d say his best position is central midfield though - that’s where he mostly played for us and where he plays for Poland.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015

I'd say his best position is one of the two centre mids in a 4-3-3 (not the sitter). In a 4-2-3-1 he's not a winger and probably more suited to being one of the two if he has the discipline. Sure he could do a good job as a no.10 but that's not where's he's played even before joining.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Has anyone else noticed how Moder has disappeared from any training gallery pictures last few weeks and is not mentioned in any press conference.

Anyone heard any whispers on what is going on? I hope he's not had another set back.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The type of injury he had means the recovery is not a straight line and it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a negative reaction or they've had to slow down his return. Injuries take a long time to heal and your rehab, in my experience, is slow and annoying. There are some things they can to really help speed up the recovery, but in some ways there's literally nothing you can do but wait and work slowly, rebuild gradually and try to put yourself back together piece by piece.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Has anyone else noticed how Moder has disappeared from any training gallery pictures last few weeks and is not mentioned in any press conference.

Anyone heard any whispers on what is going on? I hope he's not had another set back.
Yes, I too have noticed how it has gone quiet considering pictures of him training weeks ago. I would have expected him to be back by now in some capacity, so fear the worst, sadly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think that given where we are in the season there is no point in taking any risks trying to get him match fit for a sub appearance at most and he's not in the training pictures because we all know how that would get interpreted by many. Look at Velts picture this week and we are all expecting him to start Thursday.

Full pre-season and he'll be raring to go :thumbsup:

scooter1

How soon is now?
I would think that given where we are in the season there is no point in taking any risks trying to get him match fit for a sub appearance at most and he's not in the training pictures because we all know how that would get interpreted by many. Full pre-season and he'll be raring to go :thumbsup:
I suspect there is a reason he isn't in any photos.
I noticed the pre-Newcastle gallery posted yesterday contained no defenders, except I think Joel Veltman

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Jakub not being in any photos could mean he's had an injury set back. But it could just as easily mean that we've given up on the slim hopes of him featuring this season and decided we may as well send him home.

We'll know after the first couple of pre season games. If the lad is featuring in some capacity, it will be like having that new signing back. If not, then it will be a year and a half out and at that point alarm bells start to ring. The chances of an Izquierdo type situation become quite high.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Jakub not being in any photos could mean he's had an injury set back. But it could just as easily mean that we've given up on the slim hopes of him featuring this season and decided we may as well send him home.

We'll know after the first couple of pre season games. If the lad is featuring in some capacity, it will be like having that new signing back. If not, then it will be a year and a half out and at that point alarm bells start to ring. The chances of an Izquierdo type situation become quite high.
Yeah could be any number of reasons why he's not in training at the moment. Like you say if they're not going to use him for the final few games then why not send him on his summer holidays now, so he can rest & come back for pre-season raring to go. In most cases you want the recovery process to be as quick as possible, but in this situation we can be a little more relaxed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here