Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Mod suggestion - updating thread titles

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just an idea, inspired by other clubs forums. It would be great if perhaps it would be possible to amend thread titles to give a general overview of the situation with regards to potential signings/player news.

My reasoning is that I’ve read the last three pages of both the Diaz and Baleba threads, and it’s very hard to know - even after reading pages of text - where things actually stand. It would be helpful - at a glance - to know if anything has actually changed.

For example, the thread could be “Player Name - staying at club” or “Player name - having rumoured medical” or “Player name - signs new contract” - factual stuff to save pages and pages of scrolling to find tidbits of actual news.

I appreciate this adds to your workload, so may not be possible, but it would make keeping up to date with the latest a lot easier.

I have noticed many people understandably asking for updates because the chat gets off-topic in thread or confusing.

What are your thoughts @Bozza ?

Cheers

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think we do when something actually happens like a signing. But regular updates, that would mean we have to read them regularly. Nah.
I think it’s more a quality of life suggestion rather than an evolution. Fair play.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely agree. Baleba thread a case in point. It would be good to know the latest without trawling through pages of posts. Latest posts make it appear he has signed, but looking back a couple of pages I don't see a confirmation.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think we do when something actually happens like a signing. But regular updates, that would mean we have to read them regularly. Nah.
Thread starters used to be able to edit thread titles, if there was a way of allowing that again it wouldn't be a burden on the mods. But I don't know if that is possible.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That would suggest that someone has an ACTUAL facking clue what's going on. Despite the posts from agent-botherer, attention-seeking egos, they don't know everything.

Why not just sit back and let it play out until the club officially announces the singing?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why not just sit back and let it play out until the club officially announces the singing?

Screenshot_20230828_202234_Facebook.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Seems reasonable enough, yes, and I'll endeavour to update the thread title at least once a day.

I can also offer two other things to help in the very near future.

1. There's going to be a new News part of the site imminently: The Daily Seagull

https://www.northstandchat.com/DailySeagull/why-the-daily-seagull-exists/

2. There's going to be a daily newsletter version of the above with the key things going on around the Albion

https://www.dailyseagull.northstandchat.com/subscribe
Looking forward to this. It's okay when I am 'at work', as I can just about keep up with what's happening. But when I'm not 'at work' - a lot passes me by!

Thanks.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Seems reasonable enough, yes, and I'll endeavour to update the thread title at least once a day.

I can also offer two other things to help in the very near future.

1. There's going to be a new News part of the site imminently: The Daily Seagull

https://www.northstandchat.com/DailySeagull/why-the-daily-seagull-exists/

2. There's going to be a daily newsletter version of the above with the key things going on around the Albion

https://www.dailyseagull.northstandchat.com/subscribe
Excellent work, as always, Bozza, for which sincere thanks and much appreciation.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't bother with any of the transfer rumours (or the equally pointless "XXXX could do a job").

Until the official BHA Twitter (not "X", f..k off Musk) feed shows a picture of them holding up a shirt I believe nothing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't bother with any of the transfer rumours (or the equally pointless "XXXX could do a job").

Until the official BHA Twitter (not "X", f..k off Musk) feed shows a picture of them holding up a shirt I believe nothing.

To eliminate the banal ‘noise’, I recently reactivated my Twitter account, I’d very rarely used it. Following just Ornstein and a couple of others for facts and well informed gossip.

Blocking 100’s of wannabees as time goes on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I don't get what people get out of having 'official' confirmations from the agent-botherers anyway? History has shown that even then there is an element of doubt and sometimes the transfers don't actually work out. So fans are still waiting for the official confirmation anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here