Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Mobile data has become super cheap apparently - worth calling up your provider

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I have been feeling super smug since 2021, having only been spending £10pm on the infinite calls, infinite texts and a whopping 6gb of data (with EE).

As it turns out, 6gb of data isn't very much anymore. Things change quickly it seems. Tonight, I did a quick price comparison and you can now get 15gb for £3pm with Lebara, 25gb of data for £8pm with O2, 80gb of data for £10pm with ID (whooo?), and so on.

So I called my service provider EE, and following a very brief discussion they increased my data to 30gb from 6gb for free. It's important to note that they did try to give me less data, before I mentioned their competitors, apparently accessing me to their special deals.

Tl;Dr - if you've been on a sim only monthly for ages - call up to increase your data, but be sure to mention their competitors.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When I renewed with 3 I just said I wasn't prepared to pay more then £7 a month SIM only. They agreed a special price to which I added "that includes VAT as well".

My home insurance initial renewal was 28% increase, rang them and automatically just by ringing them it was reduced, suffice to say agreed price same as previous year.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've been working in an area with very limited mobile access and then the broadband went ropey soon to replaced.

I walked in to Three and came out with a 4g/5g router. Lovely bit of kit.

£30 a month rolling contract, unlimited data and I just cancel and send the box back when I'm finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here