Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB 2024 Season

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caught the last two innings of the Nats gubbing the Giants 8-1 this morning. Only two games away from .500, a pleasantly gutsy start to the season for Washington.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I am putting together a proposal for a three day Baseball film festival around the 2025 London Series.

Be good to get some mainstream and obscure Film / TV suggestions Baseball related.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I am putting together a proposal for a three day Baseball film festival around the 2025 London Series.

Be good to get some mainstream and obscure Film / TV suggestions Baseball related.
"50 Summers" is a great docu-film about the Omaha Storm Chasers minor league team, and their 50th season opening weekend buildup.

Also, "The Battered Bastards of Baseball", which is about the independent Single A team started by Kurt Russell's dad in the '70s.

"42", (the Jackie Robinson story) is a brilliant movie, starring Harrison Ford, and the late Chadwick Boseman.

Then, you have the usual suspects like: A League of their Own, The Babe, Million Dollar Arm, Moneyball, The Sandlot, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, For Love of the Game, The Rookie, Major League etc.

All great movies

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's basically competitive net practice. Helps the pitchers build up their stamina...
So what does everyone make of the rash of injuries that have plagued pitchers through the opening games of the season? A lot of it being blamed on the shortened pitch clock, but I cant believe that is the sole reason so many pitchers are going down hurt so early...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just tuned into The Nat'nals out in SF.
When I started watching they were 1-0 up in the bottom of the second..

It's now the top of the 3rd.
SF are up 3-1 there's been 5 (?) stolen bases and a successful bunt.

I might stay with it a little longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here