Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing shirt number

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm sure they said something on the radio about him having to change his shirt after coming on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He changed shirts so clearly when he was caught in the face it drew blood, however I think the referee played an advantage

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Am I going blind or did Barnes not have a number on the back of his shirt?

I noticed that and wondered why as I saw he came on in a number 9 shirt so subsequent posts support the fact that he was 'assaulted'.

Perhaps it is strange that we didn't end up with even more shirts with no numbers given today's opposition ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Came on with his usual shirt, but had a blood injury to his face in the build up to ulloas 2nd and changed to numberless shirt on the touchline then came on when the ref started the game again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Came on with his usual shirt, but had a blood injury to his face in the build up to ulloas 2nd and changed to numberless shirt on the touchline then came on when the ref started the game again.

This. Sometimes wonder if the majority actually know anything about football? Hardly the first time that someone has had a numberless shirt following treatment for bleeding.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This. Sometimes wonder if the majority actually know anything about football? Hardly the first time that someone has had a numberless shirt following treatment for bleeding.

In fairness, there was no major incident so that people knew he had been injured, no stop in the game, no dramatic referee instructing him off for treatment. Yes, assuming numberless shirt = blood on the other shirt is a pretty fair assumption these days, but that still would lead people to question why the other had blood on it since there was no clear incident.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apart from the argument he had with the referee about it?
But most people suffer from Barnes blindness, well, apart from when he miss-places a pass or shot.

I honestly don't recall that (and I'm certainly not someone who suffers that sort of barnes blindness), and juding from the number of people on here and at the ground who were confused, a lot of people didn't notice it.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Barnes was fouled before playing the through ball to CMS for the goal. Great pass considering the defender hacking him down and elbow in the face, which led to him changing his shirt presumably from bleeding. No one noticed due to the excitement of the penalty.

For those that didn't notice he also got into a really good position late on but headed over when usually he would've scored. Surprising more haven't picked up on that considering how quick they usually are to criticise.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
May as well have had no number, was anonymous.

A little :fishing: on a Sunday mornin', perhaps? :)

I thought Barnes' appearance did a lot to change the game although that has as much to do with Dicker's departure - he had a shocker of an afternoon, IMO.

As for Barnes, he was lively and did a lot to press them in their half. I thought he put in a good shift.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here