Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Minimum wage dodgers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
careful, BHA were on the list couple years back. its a consequence of how they evaluate trainees pay and allowances.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
careful, BHA were on the list couple years back. its a consequence of how they evaluate trainees pay and allowances.

Yeah, I hadn't realised it was a regular update - although if football clubs are regularly on it, you'd think that they'd have learned their lesson by now

As an aside, I'm amused to see that my local chippie is on the list. That may be why they've had such difficulty attracting people to work for them

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
When large employers are on this list it's usually for an honest error rather than intentional skullduggery.

For example, a lower-paid employee takes childcare vouchers or joins the cycle to work scheme and 'sacrifices' taxable salary for a non-taxable benefit, instantly making their pay appear lower.

There's a whole consultancy industry active in spotting these potential pitfalls and avoiding them - e.g. John Lewis would far rather have paid the £1M to its workers than be named-and-shamed here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here