Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
DD4597ED-0348-4DD2-A70F-51CF109D763C.jpeg

The MG Mini?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm outraged!!!!

Changing the name of something to be considerate to others really upsets me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just learnt of QI that the mini skirt was named after the car not the fact that it was small.

Lucky Mary Quant didn't drive an little MG.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Seems very weird. It's been kicked off by a disability campaigner who has dwarfism and normally I'd say if you don't suffer the abuse then you should shut your mouth but I'm a person of very small stature that has received abuse for it. However I don't think I've been called a midget to my face for many, many years. It's quite a retro word like spaz or mong.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There's currently a petition by the Eskimos to rename Ice Gems as it has been proven that they don’t in fact contact ice, snow or any frozen water

They are camping on the basis of it being racist and goes against their Inuit religion and beliefs.

Asda are currently in the process of rebranding them as 'modified sugar containing E numbers and colouring on a mini biscuit'. Apparently gives a truer representation of the product.

Something lost in translation maybe.

Maybe they'll be happier when they try my new seafood flavours, pickled herring, anchiovy and ice-aged sturgeon testicles. :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't get why people who are 'offended' by this change – instigated by people who ARE offended by the actual name – are complaining about it. What difference does it make what a confectionary line is called, FFS?

In the grand scheme of things it's nothing. But to the people affected it IS a big thing. So change it and the problem is reduced :shrug:

I'm expecting a lot of luddites to still call it the old name anyway, just because they want to be 'edgy' or because it's their 'right', but then probably complain afterwards that 'you can't say anything anymore'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here