Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Mingling with the Rich and Famous

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You may have had a rethink if you had seen the size of the 2 "friends" accompanying him!

Actually probably not, as I said I don't do violence but when I do I go absolute headmental until someone drops me, he would have gone down before me without a doubt. ****ing Murderer...

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
My Nan bumped into Nicholas Lyndhurst one time, and being a dotty old lady she shouted, "Hello Rodney, How's Delboy?". He must get that sort of thing everywhere he goes, but he was decent enough to reply "Del's alright thanks, I'll tell him you said Hi." Fair play, he absolutely made my Nan's day and he'll always been in good books for that.

He shops in Chichester Sainsburys pretty much every Sunday. Keeps himself to himself and wears a cap to hide himself from "Plonka, Dipstick & Wally" all the time

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Mark McGhee reminds me of the story that I must surely have bored NSC with before.
While working at a hotel that had Ski lodges at the foot of the Cairngorms, I spotted a group of blokes walking towards me, as they got closer, it turned out to be Mark McGhee and his Motherwell team walking through the grounds before a game that evening. No idea where they came from, completely random. He did stop to chat to discuss our chance of promotion that season.

Other work related. Many years ago, we were working at the Old Ship, walking down the stairs to reception (wearing toolbelts), Lily Savage, in full dress and make up, came up the other way, 'Look at you boys with you're tools out' She quipped.

In a comms room in a posh London hotel, I had disconnected the TV system, Tom O'Connor (One for the teenagers there), popped his head around the door and berated me because his 'Missus' was complaining.
I also installed the Sky Box in Maggie T's room at the Ritz, however they had wheeled the old girl out 1st.

Met Mark McGhee at Le Delamere Services on the M4 whilst on my Monday morning commute to Cardiff about 9 years ago. He said he too was on his Monday morning commute from Brighton to Bristol Rovers where he was manager. He said he was prepared to "drop down the leagues" to join Bristol because of their potential (he didn't mention he'd been out of work since leaving Aberdeen 2 years previously). He said they were planning a new stadium but it was not a patch on the Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here