Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mike Yarwood dies aged 82

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy was a huge UK Star, THE impressionist for a decade but Spitting Image and Rory Bremner came along and were funnier and fresher.
He was a trailblazer. RIP Mike.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
He was very much of his time, but it was his time. Great entertainment on a weekend evening on telly, when there were only 3 channels....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Before my time. But he was an inspiration to Rory Bremner who was on the radio saying he wouldn't be an impressionist without him. So I would say in very much not a fan

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes I loved the Eddie Waring - Ull Kingston Rovers - etc. I liked doing impressions as a youth and took a lot from him - he was the master in the early - mid 1970s - Wilson, Heath, Healey, Clough and many others. RIP

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
His show was cancelled in the late 80 s and that was pretty much it for him.
Yeah, sadly he never (apparently) adjusted to the fact that his time had passed. He spent his last years in a showbusiness charity home, not sure if that was by choice or force of circumstance.

But yeah, in his day he was brilliant and I loved him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
“Oh Mary come and listen to this”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bizarrely it was effectively stage fright, apparently lost his nerve sadly mid to late 80’s never the same afterwards.
Yes, as I said earlier. He couldn’t perform due to panic attacks so tried alcohol to relax which led to dependency.
He went into rehab.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This bittersweet final performance from Bob Monkhouse - featuring Mike Yarwood - is fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here