Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Mike Proctor.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sad news to read that Mike Proctor has sadly passed away aged 77, everything about his bowling action was wrong by the coaching manual but what a fantastic all rounder.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I saw him at a Lords one day final, starting his run up by pushing off from the pavilion steps.

I always thought it was odd that him and Thommo with their weird actions were the fastest of their era (until the very classical Holding came along)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
One of the best all round cricketers of all time ,
great fast bowler and such an aggressive batsman

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

South Africa v Australia 1970

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

South Africa v Australia 1970

I was at the test at the wanderers in 1970 just be fore we came back to the UK. I remember it was very feisty affair as there was no love lost between the saffies and Australi. Memory fades but I seem to recall Graham Pollock batting majestically and Peter pollock opening the bowling…a very fast classical bowler in the guise of Fred Trueman.

it was the last of the test series to happen before an outright ban. South African players only playing the ROW games

I said on another thread, I had the same action as Mike Proctor which stood me in good stead for many years in local cricket

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I said on another thread, I had the same action as Mike Proctor which stood me in good stead for many years in local crcricket
I had a similar bowling action to Gary Sobers, but with one major difference.

I was absolutely shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here