Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Might happen in Germany

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The wine warehouse at Calais has said their prices will not change after 31/12 I can’t remember if they said they remain duty free check their website!

Stocking up on wine is another good reason for going abroad.

We normally stay at the Premier Inn at Dover docks and get the ferry.

One drove from Swindon to Koblenz without a night stop !!! I was knackered, won’t go that again.

'Duty Free' as such doesn't exist right now so European shops wont put up prices. What changes on the 1st Jan will be how much tax paid goods we can bring in from Europe plus Duty Free may return on the ferry. But all of this is undecided yet. More concerned with driving across Europe and what paperwork will be needed.
I use the wine stores in Belgium all at the first motorway junction. Cheap for beer and cigs. Then a hypermarket in Calais and top up at the terminal.
Down side of living near Brighton is it takes as long to get to Dover as it does the onward journey in Europe.
EDIT Just looked up prices for this week, day return. £124 by tunnel. Crazy expensive.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
'Duty Free' as such doesn't exist right now so European shops wont put up prices. What changes on the 1st Jan will be how much tax paid goods we can bring in from Europe plus Duty Free may return on the ferry. But all of this is undecided yet. More concerned with driving across Europe and what paperwork will be needed.
I use the wine stores in Belgium all at the first motorway junction. Cheap for beer and cigs. Then a hypermarket in Calais and top up at the terminal.
Down side of living near Brighton is it takes as long to get to Dover as it does the onward journey in Europe.
EDIT Just looked up prices for this week, day return. £124 by tunnel. Crazy expensive.

Always use the ferry only done the tunnel once it always seems to be double the price of a ferry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here