Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Midfiel

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Outstanding performance by our midfield, Although Stevens available surely they are worth another go

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It’s all about options. Last night not only proved that we can cope without Dale but also how the team can adapt and be set up depending on who the opposition are. I’ll leave the decision making to Potter and just enjoy the football. In Potter we trust.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice problem for Potter. Bissouma showing that even without much game time that he is quality. He’d only get better with game time too. Under most managers I’d expect Dale to walk back in against a committed tough tackling Sheffield United, but you can never guess with any certainty on Potter’s selections. Me? I’d be making Stephen’s name one of the first on the team sheet. We need to be nasty in midfield in this game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seemingly GPott is having as much luck as CH in telling Bissouma not to shoot from 25 yards out, after he's done all the hard work.

Bis certainly looked impressive the longer the game went on.

We appear to have a jigsaw with too many pieces. :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bissouma is once again a serious starting option.

I could definitely see a situation where 3 from Stephens, Propper and Bissouma and Alzate all start in a midfield 3. This would mean Mooy, Gross and Trossard fighting it out for the two places behind Maupay.

Oh yeh, we've got Connolly to come back, and March, then Izquierdo, what about Alexis Macallister? Does not compute. fzzzzzzz

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But yes, I think Dale is still the first name on the midfield team sheet. Even with the current unpredictability, I think we can safely predict he'll be back in on Saturday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We keep getting linked with singing Glen Kamara and Josh Brownhill.

Maybe that's just potential plan B's if we can't sing Mooy full time.

Also, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Pröpper goes in the summer.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Biss was there to either double team Zaha or cover for Monty as he got forward. He was great until he cramped after 65 minutes. Then he was completely at fault for their goal as he was 20 yards out of position and left Monty covering Tomkins and Zaha. and probably should have done better with the clearance that led to the cross.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seemingly GPott is having as much luck as CH in telling Bissouma not to shoot from 25 yards out, after he's done all the hard work.

Bis certainly looked impressive the longer the game went on.

We appear to have a jigsaw with too many pieces. :lol:

Not forgetting Andrew Crofts is registered in our Premier League squad, what a headache to have :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
81dd2ce2b3872807f149e77772f69bc6.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was impressed with Bissouma last night. Though the weakest link was Webster last night and apart from his cross for the goal Trossard seems to be better coming on as sub

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nice problem for Potter. Bissouma showing that even without much game time that he is quality. He’d only get better with game time too. Under most managers I’d expect Dale to walk back in against a committed tough tackling Sheffield United, but you can never guess with any certainty on Potter’s selections. Me? I’d be making Stephen’s name one of the first on the team sheet. We need to be nasty in midfield in this game.

The game will be won or lost in midfield. We need Dale Stephens to play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here