[Film] Michael Caine and Zulu

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
OK, it's the Daily Mail - I've read the linked article; I will go and stick needles in my eyes to prevent me ever reading it again - is that OK with everybody? Yes? - right, well even even if the article's only half true, and slanted at 30 degrees to the right, it's still pretty horrendous. The Government's 'Prevent' (as in prevent terrorism) initiative is accused by the Shawcross report to be prioritising right wing terrorism of over Islamic terrorism ..... although no doubt hotly denied ............ but the things Prevent has listed as being extreme right wing, or at least a reading list for would-be right wing extremists, is ridiculous - films like Zulu and the Dambusters, books/fims like Sharpe, the works of Shakespeare. the works of Chaucer, Lord of the Rings and Yes Minister. Damn it! - I've read/watched just about all of those (only not all the works of Shakespeare, and no more of Chaucer's works than I had to do to get a GCE!) so have I been radicalised?

I think not!

(Daily Mail? yes, yes, you detest it; spit; spit - but read the article first before posturing, eh?)
Governments overall should stay the f*** out of doing witch hunts on ideologies and beliefs. Wanting a couple of nationalised companies rather than having everything run by greedy capitalists, while evening out the resources in society and closing the gap between the rich and non-rich is "left-wing extremism" today. "Nah, sorry - Stalin had a decent state-owned railroad in Soviet 70 years ago so if you want a state-owned railroad you also want to live in 1940s Soviet, exterminate jews and watch people starve".

Not wanting to spend a £100m of some budget to promote transsexuals (or some other group consisting of about three people) right to do this or that is "right-wing extremism". "Sorry mate, Adolf Hitler probably wouldn't have liked them so if you don't want to spend £100m on transsexual breakdancing, it must mean you want to lock them all up in camps and exterminate all of them.".

The only thing that isn't seen as extremism is a neo-liberal society with increasing wealth gaps and increasing competition for every little crumb the oligarchs give us.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cancel culture strikes again: Attenborough cancelled

It's a shame that we keep pandering to these snowflakes.
Nobody has cancelled Zulu. Or the Attenborough program.

These are tales made up by the Daily Mail et al.

The Zulu fuss actually stems from a Tory initiative called Prevent. A government lead anti terrorist initiative. The same Tory’s that want to transport refugees to Rwanda without due process. Hardly snow flakes.

The BBC has sidelined Attenborough’s bonus material program onto their streaming service.
The BBC is fairly compromised these days, it being headed up by a Tory lackey.

It’s all Tory designed to divide us before the next election.

Don’t fall for it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Nobody has cancelled Zulu. Or the Attenborough program.

These are tales made up by the Daily Mail et al.

The Zulu fuss actually stems from a Tory initiative called Prevent. A government lead anti terrorist initiative. The same Tory’s that want to transport refugees to Rwanda without due process. Hardly snow flakes.

The BBC has sidelined Attenborough’s bonus material program onto their streaming service.
The BBC is fairly compromised these days, it being headed up by a Tory lackey.

It’s all Tory designed to divide us before the next election.

Don’t fall for it.
:ffsparr:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry, do make your point.

I think you missed mine. Guess I should've added a :moo: to signify my sarcasm.

As I hinted at earlier on the thread, even the Mail article doesn't suggest anyone is "cancelling" Michael Caine. The link I my post that you replied to suggests the last Attenborough episode has been consigned to iPlayer due to fears the right wing press, the true snowflakes, would throw their toys out the pram.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think you missed mine. Guess I should've added a :moo: to signify my sarcasm.

As I hinted at earlier on the thread, even the Mail article doesn't suggest anyone is "cancelling" Michael Caine. The link I my post that you replied to suggests the last Attenborough episode has been consigned to iPlayer due to fears the right wing press, the true snowflakes, would throw their toys out the pram.
Apologies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here