Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mitoma seems a throwback to the time when wingers went to the line and cut the ball back. That appears to have gone out of fashion in top flight football.
I think our Japanese Samurai footballer is bringing it back, all by himself, with the added bonus he can finish with his head and both feet.

He’s going to be a Superstar.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I imagining it, or has has he not been that great at headers (to put in mildly) until now?
Correct - missed a very easy headed chance at, I think, Everton.

And he acknowledges it's not the strongest part of his game in his post-match interview "I am surprised myself because my header is not good"...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If that lot had somehow beaten us to his signature they be creaming themselves at the thought of replacing Dibley. Some might even say the signs were that they had an upgrade, As he's ours, they'll probably say he's over rated. The prannies.
Well he's not as good as Joniesta

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm utterly convinced that (assuming he continues to perform to the same standard, for the rest of the season) the bids for him will eclipse any previous ones, even Caicedo.
And rightly so.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Talking of USG, what must it be like to support a team that, as soon as a player becomes 'good', is moved back to his parent club?
The alternative view is that without the Albion link they'd never get players like him, and Simon Adringa on loan from us.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Talking of USG, what must it be like to support a team that, as soon as a player becomes 'good', is moved back to his parent club?

I like to think the relationship has been managed very well as Muzio and Bloom run Union to challenge the 'bigger' teams in Belgium, not just make up the numbers. Doing very well so far this season without Mitoma, Undav, Casper Nielsen (not the Albion's Casper Nilsson) and Felice Mazzù. Currently second in the league, 1-0 up after the first leg in the Belgian cup semi (on the verge of a first final appearance since last winning it in 1914) and won their Europa League group. In January, leading scorer Dante Vanzier went to New York Red Bulls, quadrupling his wages...but they have a plan.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What a tool 🤣🤣🤣🤣

407F51EF-FC44-4FC0-83F2-E6CF97CD70A5.jpeg

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Correct - missed a very easy headed chance at, I think, Everton.

And he acknowledges it's not the strongest part of his game in his post-match interview "I am surprised myself because my header is not good"...

I hadn't realised his English was so good. Not the most insightful as an interviewee though :lol:

I've noticed the last two games where Mitoma has scored, Sarmiento has been most heavily involved in the celebrations, and Kaoru mentioned him here. I wonder if it points to a good off-field relationship between them

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought he'd had a quiet game. Watching the highlights and MOTD back, he was still massively influencial. Sometimes as a supporter you get caught up in the ball not appearing to reach it's target, whereas for Mitoma, it was more like his targets not being in the right places.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he'd had a quiet game. Watching the highlights and MOTD back, he was still massively influencial. Sometimes as a supporter you get caught up in the ball not appearing to reach it's target, whereas for Mitoma, it was more like his targets not being in the right places.
He also completely fluffed two takes and the ball escaped him which was unusual………

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I suppose the question is, what amount of money would make TB think ... "the best interests of the club are now best served by us selling Mitoma"?

The answer is, a very large amount of money. Nothing like the amount suggested in the drivel above.

But another question is when to do it. and I think the answer to that question is when Adringa or Sarmiento or Enciso or AN other new purchase we find are at a level where they can be regular starters on the left wing at a club looking to challenge for European football.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I hadn't realised his English was so good. Not the most insightful as an interviewee though :lol:

I've noticed the last two games where Mitoma has scored, Sarmiento has been most heavily involved in the celebrations, and Kaoru mentioned him here. I wonder if it points to a good off-field relationship between them
It's probably because the South Americans say his name properly ;)

Seriously though all the English staff, Ka-roo??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here