Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McCallister and cash for Colwill...........

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Chelsea could really struggle to sign any players this summer. A huge squad of players who are not playing well and no European football. Joining them could see a player be another 2/3 years away from challenging for a champions league spot, a lot of work required to fix them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If MacAllister is worth 70-75M then you’re saying sign Colwill for 80M plus? I mean I like Colwill but he’s more in the 30-40M bracket currently.

Plus doubt either player will pick those teams out of all their options.
I reckon Colwill is more £25m based on this season.

Good player but lots of scope for improvement.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I love Mac Allister and wish him well, but to be honest if he wants to go, I dont think it matters where he ends up. All the big clubs are as bad as each other, so I dont really care where he goes. I just think its about the club getting the best deal they can.

In terms of value, I think we seem desperate to prove we're not getting ripped off which is why we all want 60/70million plus for him. But if you consider that we'll never spend that sort of sum on a replacement, and we're not hard up for cash, then really we don't need a huge fee if we're getting a quality player incoming as part of the deal. Therefore i think any deal that brings Colwill here would be a good one, even if the cash element is significantly lower.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh didn't know he had agreed to sign.. He's got his work cut out but he is a good project manager and will be given a budget of some sorts.

He'll have to get rid of a lot of players, though I could see him signing Kane. They get on well plus he won't have to leave London.
Kane wants to win something, though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Colwill is not the same as White, less premier league experience and done nothing at Chelsea. They would struggle to get more than £30m for him this summer. MacAllister is a world cup winner and played almost every available minute for 18+ months. We would be foolish to accept anything less than £80m considering what Enzo Fernandez cost Chelsea and how the two compare in premier League quality. Colwill plus £50m would be the region however FFP could work in our favour.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yeah, I mean the amount of cash matters but if Mac is going to go, it really doesn’t matter to us where it is. So if it means we can get in a good player we want and a bit of money, then why not.

I think it is harder than we think to find good players who fit the system and the club. That Colwill has been here on loan and is great, is a massive blessing in that regard, and worth more than money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here